Joomla

aspnetguy

So, A while back I looked at Joomla as a possible CMS. I didn't like it then and gave that opinion on this forum.Well now, I am being forced to use it. A company I have a contract with uses it and I need to use it. :) I have been playing with it a bit and absolutely hate it. Maybe I am not understanding the point of Joomla. Is it CMS to create a website or is to create a portal.I cannot seem to understand all the terminology and how to setup stuff.Does anyone here use Joomla??? Can you tell me how to setup new pages, insert content etc. Much appreciated. Thanks,

um..just one questionwhat the heck is joomla? :)i've never heard of it..

I wish I could be so lucky. I wish I had never heard of it either :) I have been playing with it and sort of created some pages....the thing is a piece of junk. It might be good if you were creating a portal or something or if you actually liked DNN or PHPNuke.I hate portal software...they are useless for creating a normal website unless you want a layout of modules held together with duct tape! :) Anyways I will just have to bear through this contract and chuck it the second it is over.In all fairness, as I was reading about it at joomla.org it sounded great and was even thinking I might be able to abandon my newly started CMS project and use Joomla....what a let down! :(:D:):blink::(:(