Aligning one thing with another

ChrisUehlein

Hi, all.So... I have a <div> at the top of my page that has an banner in it (which is currently aligned with the left edge of the page), and then I have another div below that that contains a table with all of the content of the page such as the navigation bar. The navigation bar is a series of images that goes from left to right. The first image, as well as the others in the navigation bar, are aligned to the center of their respective <td>. The containing <table> is aligned to the center of it's <div>. I would like for the top <div> containing the banner to be aligned with the first image in the navigation bar, and not the left edge of the page. Is there a way that I can reference that image in the navigation bar using CSS and align that top div with it?I always feel that I am not sure how to explain my problem using words so please excuse me if the way I explained this seems too confusing or long winded!Yours,Chris

there are several ways to do this, but in most cases you would have to make the banner container the same width of table, and with margin set as margin: 0 auto; then insert it inside another div, OR inside the div containing the table.

Archived