<iframe "allowtransparency"> replacement needed

Oceans

My site is peppered with several lines of code like this: <iframe allowtransparency="yes" src="/search.php" width="100%" height="40px" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>The site looks good but the allowtransparency will not validate. When I just remove that part of code, the page looks bad in IE.Is there a replacement for this iframe code that does the same thing?

you willl have to use conditional css styling for different versions of IE (as usual).
If IE was like the other browsers, I could delete the allowtranparency, keep my iframe and be done!How many IE versions back is it recommended to be compatible? What is done in practice?

You should cater to at least IE7 (and 8 obviously). To go back to IE6 depends on the level of difficulty involved and whether it not being supported would affect a large part of your audience.

I just looked at the browser statshttp://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.aspThere is still 7% of the world using IE 6. What sort of users are these people? My site does not perform well in IE6 but I will accept that.Further research into object versus iframe leads to all kinds of unstandardized thinking. It is an ugly solution. How important is a validation anyway? I have reduced my errors from about 70 to 3. I am under the impression that google does not like errors and that is what is driving me to make all these changes, not to mention future compatibility.

Archived