ie not caching

johnnyg24

I have a web page that preforms a search on our database and returns product images. A user can click an image and will be directed to a new page that provides further details on the selected product. When the user hits the back button to return to the search results, the page appears as it would before a search is made. This happens in IE7+ and Chrome. I need the search results to reappear after the back button is selected so the user doesn't have to preform the same search again and again. Firefox and Safari work the way I want. Can anyone help or tell me why this is happening?Here is the search pageYou can view the source to find all the script pages if needed however, I don't think the problem is with the scripts.Thanks.

The issue is that you're using ajax to submit the form. IE and Chrome display the page as it was received from the server, they must not save the state of the page before you left. That's not something you can change, so either you need to store their search in a cookie and have Javascript check for the cookie and perform the search again when they get to the page, or use a non-ajax search so that the results page is a separate page.

Justsomeguy,Could you give me some examples of a non-ajax search? I have to either send the request via AJAX or I could have my.asp page do it via "Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP") ".I've been using AJAX to run our website for so long that I don't even know of any other way. All of our programs that runs on our server to query our database simple return either XML or strings and then I use JavaScript to parse through it and determine how to display it on the web page.

Archived