Gimp

user4fun

First of all GIMP is AWESOME.Second, I am getting ready to create my navigation menu. Each one will have a table that will be displayed underneath it onmouseover. Also, when the mouse if over, the gradients on the button will slightly change to show that it has focus. Any advise or how to do that and the tables showing,or link to tutorials maybe?I amw worried about making an image change on mouseover because the buttons will have a certain level of tranparency to them!

for the onmouseover you can probably just use CSS instead. For showing/displaying tables/content/information (dynamically) somewhere on the page, then you will need to use javascript.as far as how the images will look, I'll guess you'll just have to try it and see. consider just changing the font color or adding an underline to the text.

• 4 months later...

What you can do is make a simple table in HTML like so:

<html><head><style type="text/css">.menu{border:none;}.first{background-image:url('menuimage.png');}.second{background-image:url('menuimage.png');}.third{background-image:url('menuimage.png');}.first:hover{background-image:url('hoverimage.png');}.second:hover{background-image:url('hoverimage.png');}.third:hover{background-image:url('hoverimage.png');}td{padding:5px;}</style></head><body><table class="menu"><tr><td class="first">My First Link</td><td class="second">My Second Link</td><td class="third">My Third Link</td></tr></table></body></html>

Of course add links to the tables. And make sure to add an alpha channel to you menu images.You can make one image a certain gradient, and then make the second image a different gradient.Upload those images to an image host or web host and put them in the code. You put one imagein "first" then you place the different gradient in the "first hover". When the mouse hovers overthe regular image it will change to the hover image! :)Edit: I see you want some hidden tables to appear as well? Missed that part sorry. :) You can dothat with javascript, this might help: Hide and Show DivsHope it helps, it is just a simple code.

Archived