Ajax copy File Directory

morrisjohnny

using AJAX & PHP i need to copy a whole directory.Here is currently my code in PURE PHP

function full_copy( $source, $target ) {	if ( is_dir( $source ) ) {		@mkdir( $target );		$d = dir( $source );		while ( FALSE !== ( $entry = $d->read() ) ) {			if ( $entry == '.' || $entry == '..' ) {				continue;			}			$Entry = $source . '/' . $entry; 			if ( is_dir( $Entry ) ) {				full_copy( $Entry, $target . '/' . $entry );				continue;			}			copy( $Entry, $target . '/' . $entry );		} 		$d->close();	}else {		copy( $source, $target );	}}if(file_exists($url)) //part A		echo '<p style="color:#FF0000;">Sorry This Directory Already Exists</p>';else{	mkdir($url);	$source =substr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'], 0, strrpos($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'],'/')).'/common';	$destination = substr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'], 0, strrpos($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'], '/')).'/'.$url.'/';	full_copy($source, $destination);}

Now this script works fine untill the 60seconds passes and the max tiem of the php is reached, so this needs to be in ajax, anyone any ideas how to do this? Thanks VERY much !

using AJAX & PHP i need to copy a whole directory.Now this script works fine untill the 60seconds passes and the max tiem of the php is reached, so this needs to be in ajax, anyone any ideas how to do this? Thanks VERY much !
I'm not sure if AJAX will solve this or not. I think you're hitting the max_execution time limit in your PHP installation, so you may need to increase that.

Even if you use AJAX, you still need something to accept the file on the server.

You can use the set_time_limit function to set the time limit in your script, if you set it to 0 it will have no time limit. Of course, in addition to PHP's timeout there's also Apache's timeout and the ajax request timeout.

Now this script works fine untill the 60seconds passes and the max tiem of the php is reached, so this needs to be in ajax
Ajax doesn't have any effect on PHP's timeout, in fact it introduces an additional timeout. The server enforces PHP's timeout, not the browser.If your server allows it, you may want to send shell commands to the OS to do the copy instead.

Archived