IE6 and fixed position

Abby

When viewed in IE6, the content of my page isn't even visible. The menus and other fixed elements are visible, but wrongly positioned. It looks like IE6 doesn't understand position commands in CSS.Is there a better way to design my page, so it works in IE6? I don't need it to look right, but it would be nice if the content is at least readable.Here's my page.

IE6 does not support position: fixed; try this fix.box{background-color:#eeff99;border:6px ridge green;/*float:top; does not exist*/width:auto;/*height:25%;*/height:auto;max-height:300px;padding:5px;margin-left:172px;margin-right:6px;/*overflow:auto;*/overflow:hidden;}</style><!--[if lt IE 7]><style type='text/css'>body { height: 100%; overflow: auto ; overflow-x: hidden; }html{overflow-y: hidden;}#bottom, #top, #home, #andbar, #cuatro {position:absolute; }#bottom, #top {margin-left:-16px;} /*to prevent overlapping of scrollbar*/#bottom{z-index:999;}</style><![endif]-->The overflow: auto; produced scroll bars when the set height is exceeded, this probably happens because IE has different margins and padding set by default compared to other browsers for paragraphs etc. Either change to overflow:hidden; or increase max-height: value, if you require a fixed set height.

Archived