Using javascript to change the address url?

MrFish

Is it possible to use javascript (or php if possible) to change the address in the address bar?So if my site is: asdlkfjaosinivlkoasdnjf.com could I change it to google.com after they enter the page? Of course they couldn't visit google.com and go to my page, but make them go- "wtf, this is google now?!"See what I'm saying? Any method at all I'm up to. Just trying to play a joke on someone :)

Is it possible to use javascript (or php if possible) to change the address in the address bar?
No, and thank goodness you can't. It would be the juiciest phishing exploit you could imagine.

You can turn the site at asdlkfjaosinivlkoasdnjf.com into a proxy using PHP, that loads content from google.com. They would still be at asdlkfjaosinivlkoasdnjf.com, though (it would just look and function as if they were at google.com).To make it go the other way, or to actually make asdlkfjaosinivlkoasdnjf.com point to google.com, you would need to hijack their DNS, which can't be done remotely, or ethically.

No, neither Javascript nor PHP can change the address in the navigation bar without actually going to the other page.Like others indicated, you can load other page content while keeping your own address in the bar.

Archived