ie8 won't display same as ff,c,o,s

niche

i think the issue is the reposition function. It gets called onresize, but since the the window is loading (only on the first viewing) as its opening that function gets called before the document has finished loading, and thus before myP is accessible in the DOM. You just need to make sure the functions are firing after the DOM has loaded. You will see the errors in the console in Firefox if you have Firebug open. Validation does not mean error free.edit: if you resize the page, you will see this happening in the error console too.EDIT: realized this was in the CSS forum. Well, helped you debug at least.

are you saying the problem is the javascript? I just noticed that the mouseover doesn't work in ie8 either, but works in ff, c, o, & s.How would firebug work with ie8?

it wouldn't. but ie8 has its own developers tools. Like I said, I'm note sure if this issue relates to your display issue, but you do have a Javascript bug that could be causing these problems.

I just discovered that the comment I put at the very top of my script was the problem. I took in out and it works fine.

Archived