What is your best programmer joke?

ApocalypeX

I saw a thread earlier about programming jokes on another site. To non programmers they make no sense but to us they would. So post your favourite or your own programming jokes. Hopefully we can get some funny ones in here and have a good laugh :) Here's a good one I saw earlier

In the 1960's the KGB was very interested in learning everything possible about the American space program, sending all sorts of spies to find every possible piece of information.One afternoon, a breathless spy returned to headquarters with a page of paper in his hand, excitedly shouting to his superior, "Comrade! Comrade! The Americans are using Lisp to write their rocket launching software!"The commander was skeptical. "How do you know?""I broke into their research lab and stole a page from the teletype machine! It's not the whole program, but it's the final page and contains the concluding logic of the program! See for yourself!!!!"The commander looked at the page and smiled:
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

If God divides by zero, does he throw an exception?
Nice lolHere's one that is worse then the real thing because you have to deal with the consequences:Terminal Russian roulette[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf / || echo *Click*And of coursehttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=recursion

The only ones I remember (as opposed to just "get" them) are ones that can also be understood by an average computer user, like:Two programmers are talking:- Dude, could you please lend me some money? I need 1000.- Sure. Here you go. Let's round them to 1024.Or- You won't believe what chick I saw yesterday. 2MB!!!OrWhat's the difference between jokes about blondes and about programmers? Jokes about bloned can be understood by anyone but blondes. Jokes about programmers can't be understood by anyone but programmers.

How can you tell when a programmer has had ######?When he’s washing the pepper spray out of his eyes. --------------------------A programmer is walking along a beach and finds a lamp. He rubs the lamp, and a genie appears. “I am the most powerful genie in the world. I can grant you any wish, but only one wish.” The programmer pulls out a map, points to it and says, “I’d want peace in the Middle East.” The genie responds, “Gee, I don’t know. Those people have been fighting for thousands of years. I can do just about anything, but this is likely beyond even my limits.” The programmer then says, “Well, I am a programmer, and my programs have lots of users. Please make all my users satisfied with my software and let them ask for sensible changes.”At which point the genie responds, “Hmmmm, lemme see that map again.” --------------------------A SQL query goes into a bar, walks up to two tables and asks, "Can I join you?" (Badda boom!)--------------------------So, this programmer goes out on a date with a hot chick... (that's it)--------------------------I called the janitor the other day to see what he could do about my dingy linoleum floor. He said he would have been happy to loan me a polisher, but that he hadn't the slightest idea what he had done with it. I told him not to worry about it - that as a programmer it wasn't the first time I had experienced a buffer allocation failure due to a memory error.--------------------------“Knock, knock.”“Who’s there?”(very long pause......................)“Java!” ================================================Well, that's all for me. I'm outta here for a couple of weeks- my wife and I are going to visit her family Cambodia, with a side-trips to Vietnam and Thailand. See ya all in a couple weeks. Enjoy my absence. :)

A SQL query goes into a bar, walks up to two tables and asks, "Can I join you?" (Badda boom!)--------------------------I called the janitor the other day to see what he could do about my dingy linoleum floor. He said he would have been happy to loan me a polisher, but that he hadn't the slightest idea what he had done with it. I told him not to worry about it - that as a programmer it wasn't the first time I had experienced a buffer allocation failure due to a memory error.
nice ones... :)

I liked this joke about programmers vs. engineers:

A programmer and an engineer agree to a psychological experiment.The programmmer is put in a chair in a large empty room and abeautiful naked woman is placed on a bed at the other end of the room.The psychologist explains, "You are to remain in your chair. Everyfive minutes, I will move your chair to a position halfway between itscurrent location and the woman on the bed." The programmer looksat the psychologist in disgust. "What? I'm not going to go throughthis. You know I'll never reach the bed!" And he gets up and stormsout. The psychologist makes a note on his clipboard and ushers theengineer in. He explains the situation, and the engineer's eyeslight up and he starts drooling. The psychologist is a bit confused."Don't you realize that you'll never reach her?" The engineer smilesand replies, "Of course! But I'll get close enough for all practicalpurposes!"
Note: I :) ed for the exact wording and found that this joke has also been used as a mathematician vs. physicist joke, but it works exactly the same.

Archived