using margin:0 auto, but still need margin

niche

What do I need to add/change to this style to center it AND have display a margin?

<div style="display:block;margin:0 auto;width:90px;">  <input  type="submit" value="Add to Cart" />  </div>

You want margins on top/bottom or on left/right? If top and bottom just change the 0 (ie, margin: 4px auto;)If you want them on the sides, try applying left and right margins to the input itself. You might also need to put text-align: center on the div. Are you trying to create a liquid layout where the elements will not get any closer to each other if the browser window gets too small?

Tried margin: 5 auto; instead of margin: 5px auto;. The correct format makes all the difference. I'm also very thankful for help looking at the same problem in different ways.Thanks to jwburnside and ShadowMage for their top-notch help.Niche

Tried margin: 5 auto; instead of margin: 5px auto;. The correct format makes all the difference.
It's a good idea to always include a unit when defining widths and such. That's why I usually write margin: 0px auto; instead of just margin: 0 auto; like I see most people here do.

Point. That's just another reminder of justsomeguys quote, "[know] why it works". I know now that the unit's need for it to work.Thanks Again, Niche

Archived