XHTML and CSS

Dunkel_Teufel

GreetingsI am new at using XHTML and I was testing some pages that I converted recently when i realized that some CSS do not work with it. Mainly the CSS that are for the links <a>.I attach here the CSS code, maybe I have to change something on it or it is a problem with the code that I did not realized.<style type="text/css">a:hover {text-decoration:none; background-color:C7C7C7;}a:link {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}a:active {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}a:visited {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}</style>ThanxEnrick DT.HS!

I can tell you one thing. If you're going to use hex colors, you need to use the # sign to tell the browser that this is a hexadecimal color. So your color would be like this:#D7D7D7That's the only error I see. There could be a problem with gray/grey, but I think both spellings are ok (american/uk-english).

The order of the pseudo classes is wrong. It must be exactly like this to work:

a:link {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}a:visited {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}a:hover {text-decoration:none; background-color:#C7C7C7;}a:active {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}

That's why I prefer not to use the :link pseudo class. You can't go wrong with it.[edit] I think so Jonas... That's why as I said, I prefer not to use it :) .[/edit]

Lol. Never used a:link in my life. Doesn't a simple a { } do the same thing?

The order of the pseudo classes is wrong. It must be exactly like this to work:
a:link {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}a:visited {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}a:hover {text-decoration:none; background-color:#C7C7C7;}a:active {text-decoration:none; color:gray;}

That's why I prefer not to use the :link pseudo class. You can't go wrong with it.

Hey thanx for the help.