All tags for HTML/CSS?

Infiltration

Sorry I don't think the title does any justiceWhat I mean is, is there a list of all the CSS things like #navigation {list-style:none; background-color: silver; width: 400px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; border:1px solid black; padding: .2em .2em .2em .2em;}etc.Often I'm trying to style it a certain way, but I don't know what to tell it to do, for example margins or padding etc..I don't know if there's a list somewhere here ..what I'm trying to learn is all those tags, and what each would do, but everytime I check out someone else's code for example, they use things I've never seen before.. (not that it's anything special, I just haven't used it before)Thanks a lot..

Sorry I don't think the title does any justiceWhat I mean is, is there a list of all the CSS things like #navigation {list-style:none; background-color: silver; width: 400px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; border:1px solid black; padding: .2em .2em .2em .2em;}etc.Often I'm trying to style it a certain way, but I don't know what to tell it to do, for example margins or padding etc..I don't know if there's a list somewhere here ..what I'm trying to learn is all those tags, and what each would do, but everytime I check out someone else's code for example, they use things I've never seen before.. (not that it's anything special, I just haven't used it before)Thanks a lot.
---------------------------------------Hi,here you cam find a good starting point: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.aspregardsgabriele

A major part of CSS is the box model. It means that first, you have the content. You can adjust the height, width, position or visibility of the content. Second, you have the padding. That is the space between the border and the content. You can adjust how much space there is (padding). Then there's the border, which obviously is a space (usually color filled, though optionally transparent) around the padding and content. Lastly, there is the margin which is the space around the border, padding and content. All of these can be adjusted as whole, e.g.

elem {margin:5px;}

This means, put a margin of 5px on each side. But each side can be adjusted individually:

elem {margin-top:2px;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:10px;margin-left:6px;}

which can be respectively condensed into shorthand:

elem {margin:2px 5px 10px 6px;}

Archived