advancing throug a mysql resource

niche

I just created a mysql resource called $result that's been ordered.I need to advance past the first row to get a value from the second row.I thought calling mysql_fetch_array twice would advance me through $result to the second row.Is this correct? If so, I'll have to keep looking for my mistake. If not, how do I advance to the second row in $result?

Is there a reason that you can't use a WHERE clause to select the row you want?If not, then I suppose you could use an if statement to check which row you are at.

<?php$con = mysql_connect("localhost","peter","abc123");if (!$con)  {  die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());  }mysql_select_db("my_db", $con);$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM Persons");$num = mysql_fetch_array($result);for ($i = 0; $i < $num; $i++) {if ($i == 1) echo 'Second row selected!';}mysql_close($con);?>

I didn't test the code above, so it may not work. Maybe there's a better way to do it...?

Fmdpa and Synook, thanks for your help. I'm always a encouraged by how many different ways there are to do the same thing.Niche

Archived