How to successfully use css.

Vihart

Im trying to successfully use a css document to style all of my html documents but im having trouble linking them together as ive learned that i cant use css in the same document as html.Ive looked at the tutorials before you get angry about how much of a noob i am and start flaming me but i have tried several times to get it working, ive tried the code on w3schools and code from other websites that are slightly different, please help me or my wife will toast my balls :) .......thank you.<html><head><meta name="description" content="website for Japanese students who want to learn English" /><meta name="keywords" content="Japan, English, language, humming bird, learning" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="mystyle.css"><head><body><h1 style="text-align:center"><b>Humming Bird<b></h1>(css)the style that doesnt work <html><head><style type="text/css">body{background-image:url('gradient2.png');background-repeat:repeat-x;}</style></head></html>

You can embed CSS in a HTML document, just use the <style> tags. Anyway, in your mystyle.css file, you want just CSS code, without the surrounding HTML markup.

Archived