echo (after submit) in same <div> as form?

paulmo

I've got a floating div with a form in it. Form works, but I need to greet user after submit. The following code is posting the greeting like html, when I need it to post after form is submitted, in same div as form. The echo is not posting inside the div. $survey variable is from radio buttons and is working (inserts in db table, etc.). Thanks in advance for help:

<div id="float"><form name= "survey" method="post" action="index.php">//etc...</form><?phpif (isset($survey)){echo "Thank you for your feedback!";}?></div>

on submit, "index.php" is executed and the greeting will not display as written provided that I understood your question.EDIT: there must be something else in the form. The code you're showing makes it difficult to understand the context of your question.

It's a Yahoo submit button. As mentioned it's putting the values in my db table. Thanks. <input id="submitbutton1" type="submit" name="submitfield1" value="Submit"> <script>var oSubmitButton1 = new YAHOO.widget.Button("submitbutton1", { value: "submitbutton1value" });</script>

Still not enough code. What does the relevant part of your script look like in it's entirety?

Archived