PHP File upload?

eduard

Can someone explain to me in simple words what does PHP File upload mean? Because I don´t understand the tutorial (with an example please?)

It allows a server side script to upload file(s) to a server (image, document, etc), typically through a form that a client/user interacts with on a website. The nature of where that files goes and what happens to it after that point is dependent on the application using the function, and will vary. What about the tutorial's example don't you understand?

It allows a server side script to upload file(s) to a server (image, document, etc), typically through a form that a client/user interacts with on a website. The nature of where that files goes and what happens to it after that point is dependent on the application using the function, and will vary. What about the tutorial's example don't you understand?
For example, if I have to upload my c. v. (.doc file) (for jobs) this is PHP?

PHP is one way to save the file, other server languages can also. A common task is to allow users to upload images, you could use PHP to resize and save the image, etc.
Thanks!When do you use PHP or what´s the advantage of using PHP?

Assuming you understood what the terms "input" and "output" mean, think of file uploading like that...Your users can give your server files as input. Normally, the server can't do anything with this input, so it proceeds as if it doesn't exist.With PHP, as well as most other languages, the server can let YOU (that is, your programs) decide if you want to do anything with the input. If you want, you can inspect the file, and/or do whatever you like with it, such as keep a copy of it on the server for example.

Assuming you understood what the terms "input" and "output" mean, think of file uploading like that...Your users can give your server files as input. Normally, the server can't do anything with this input, so it proceeds as if it doesn't exist.With PHP, as well as most other languages, the server can let YOU (that is, your programs) decide if you want to do anything with the input. If you want, you can inspect the file, and/or do whatever you like with it, such as keep a copy of it on the server for example.
My suggestion should be: a drawing at the beginning of your tutorials with a computer of the programmer, a server, a client computer (with the browser) showing what is doing what. At least for me it is much more understandable!

Archived