Help! cross browser differences

DizzyDan

OK, well just offically launched this site and there is one difference i noticed right away and can seem to fix it.Th footer. I wrote this all using firefox so it works great in firefox...In chrome and in IE the footer is not on the bottom.I found my self scratching my head and cant find a solution!!Website is http://royaltinfoil.com/

I'm guessing you're still not using Firefox 4 then... because IE9 and FF4 look the same to me, and there doesn't seem to be a footer in either.Anyway, it's probably a good idea to move the footer outside of the wrap div.

OK, well just offically launched this site and there is one difference i noticed right away and can seem to fix it.Th footer. I wrote this all using firefox so it works great in firefox...In chrome and in IE the footer is not on the bottom.I found my self scratching my head and cant find a solution!!Website is http://royaltinfoil.com/
1-VALIDATE YOUR CODE2-count your div nesting. I got lost a few times but it seems you have 3-4 more divs opened than closed3-in google the footer appears just above "Well, as you can all see our Royal Tinfoil site is not exactly finished. " in the first centre column element. This tells me your div are improperly nested.Guy

Alright I checked it in the validator agian,Because of the facebook, twitter, and reverbnation badges it show like 50 or so errors, i think skimmed over my real errors the first time i validated. So i combed through it with a fine tooth comb this time and there was one unclosed div start tag. that little punk.Besides the badge erros that i am unable to fix there were a few <p> tag validation errors but i don't quote understand why.I checked the updated site in Chrome, IE9, and FF. BTW i did install FF4. Seems all good.Thanks guys!

You shouldn't ignore any of the errors, even if you know what's causing them. Give all your images an alt attribute. Since you're using XHTML, close all your image tags properly.

You shouldn't ignore any of the errors, even if you know what's causing them.
I dont know how to fix these issues. The facebook widget is causing them, and i am not sure how to fix it.

What do the errors say? They should tell you how to fix them.
Its too much to copy and paste here but most of them have to do with the widgets i placed. Reverbnation, tiwtter and facebook widgets.Here is a link to the validator i used with the errors. LINK

You have the actual code in your pages right? So you should be able to fix those errors. Most are pretty easy, like adding a type attribute to the script tags and removing the language attribute or moving certain attributes like border to CSS.

mm, looks like his work involves escaping HTML entities. i.e. & == &
Not exactly sure what you mean by this, I dont use "&" unless it was copied from the widget code box. When is comes to editing the widgets i placed, whenever i try to fix the error the widget ends up not functioning.

The only thing you must replace in the widgets is to turn every & into &. Nothing more.However, it looks like you'll also have an additional error if you do just that... the embed element. You need to replace it with objects, but in a way that would work.In accordance with swfobject's reccomendation, replace

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://cache.reverbnation.com/widgets/swf/40/pro_widget.swf" height="200" width="230" align="top" bgcolor="#ffffff" loop="false" wmode="opaque" quality="best" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowFullScreen="true" seamlesstabbing="false" flashvars="id=artist_1406607&posted_by=&skin_id=PWAS1001&border_color=000000&auto_play=false&shuffle=false" />

with

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="230" height="200">		<param name="movie" value="http://cache.reverbnation.com/widgets/swf/40/pro_widget.swf" />		<!--[if !IE]>-->		<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://cache.reverbnation.com/widgets/swf/40/pro_widget.swf" width="230" height="200">		<!--<![endif]-->		<param name="flashvars" value="id=artist_1406607&posted_by=&skin_id=PWAS1001&border_color=000000&auto_play=false&shuffle=false" />		<!--[if !IE]>-->		</object>		<!--<![endif]-->	</object>

Wow. Well, this is going to take some time and research for me to fix. I really appreciate your extra help on this. You didnt have to go ahead and edit the code for me. It does however seem a bit over my head. I wish they would have just given me a code that would validate! haha. would be to easy then. For now it works this way i dont have much of a choice. The code i created validates it is just the dang widgets.

Archived