How to style serveral links?

Baxtex

So, i got 2 links in my HTML document. I know how to style a link with CSS:a:link {color:#ff0000;}a:visited {color:#00ff00;}a:hover {color:#ff00ff;}a:active{color:#0000ff}But when i use that code, both my links get that style, so how do i make another style to my second link? Is there any way i can use the class code here?

So, i got 2 links in my HTML document. I know how to style a link with CSS:a:link {color:#ff0000;}a:visited {color:#00ff00;}a:hover {color:#ff00ff;}a:active{color:#0000ff}But when i use that code, both my links get that style, so how do i make another style to my second link? Is there any way i can use the class code here?
If you set a class yes that would work.
.firstLink a:link {color:#ff0000;}.firstLink a:visited {color:#00ff00;}.firstLink a:hover {color:#ff00ff;}.firstLink a:active{color:#0000ff}.secondLink a:link {color:#ff0000;}.secondLink a:visited {color:#00ff00;}.secondLink a:hover {color:#ff00ff;}.secondLink a:active{color:#0000ff}

and obviously using different colors. I just copied and pasted.

If you set a class yes that would work.
.firstLink a:link {color:#ff0000;}.firstLink a:visited {color:#00ff00;}.firstLink a:hover {color:#ff00ff;}.firstLink a:active{color:#0000ff}.secondLink a:link {color:#ff0000;}.secondLink a:visited {color:#00ff00;}.secondLink a:hover {color:#ff00ff;}.secondLink a:active{color:#0000ff}

and obviously using different colors. I just copied and pasted.

That's not right. That code will target links that are descendents of the specified elements.Just using the class name alone will work:
.link1:link { color: #FF0000; }.link2:link { color #0000FF; }

Make sure to give a class name to your links.

<a href="#" class="link1">Link</a><a href="#" class="link2">Link</a>

That's not right. That code will target links that are descendents of the specified elements.Just using the class name alone will work:

That worked fine! :)Thx!

couldn't you also use CSS Pseudo-elements?

I believe thats what is being used for this. a:link, a:visited, a:hover and a:active are psuedo elements, except classes are being applied so instead its .link1:link, .link1:visited, .link1:hover and .link1:active

that's what this is
:hover

just being applied to a class

that's what this is
:hover

just being applied to a class

Archived