IE again.

sepoto

<html><head><title>Select Data Set</title></head><body><h1>The Recordsets:</h1><form name="recordsets" method="post" action=""><div style='border: solid 1px black;'><input type = 'Radio' Name ='radio' Value='5/10/2011 12:00:00 AM' >5/10/2011 12:00:00 AM</br><input type = 'Radio' Name ='radio' Value='5/4/2011 12:00:00 AM' >5/4/2011 12:00:00 AM</br><input name="getrecordset" type="Submit" value="Get Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='displaydata.php';"><input name="revgeocode" type="Submit" value="Geocode Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='geocode.php';"><input name="autoweed" type="Submit" value="Auto Weed Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='autoweed.php';"><input name="archive" type="Submit" value="Archive Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='archive.php';"></form></div></body></html>

There is an ugly space between the bottom of all my submit buttons and the bottom line of my border for my div. This only occurs in IE. In every other browser I use it is not there. I tried changing the padding to zero in the div with no luck. That was not it. I can't seem to logically track down the source of the gap which occurs only in IE.Thanks a bunch.

The page doesn't have 'doctype' defined to it and the tag order was wrong. Replace your code with this - <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" /><title>Select Data Set</title></head><body><h1>The Recordsets:</h1><div style='border: solid 1px black;'><form name="recordsets" method="post" action=""><input type = 'Radio' Name ='radio' Value='5/10/2011 12:00:00 AM' />5/10/2011 12:00:00 AM<br/><input type = 'Radio' Name ='radio' Value='5/4/2011 12:00:00 AM' />5/4/2011 12:00:00 AM<br/><input name="getrecordset" type="Submit" value="Get Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='displaydata.php';"/><input name="revgeocode" type="Submit" value="Geocode Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='geocode.php';"/><input name="autoweed" type="Submit" value="Auto Weed Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='autoweed.php';"/><input name="archive" type="Submit" value="Archive Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='archive.php';"/></form></div></body></html>

<html><head><title>Select Data Set</title></head><body><h1>The Recordsets:</h1><form name="recordsets" method="post" action=""><div style='border: solid 1px black;'><input type = 'Radio' Name ='radio' Value='5/10/2011 12:00:00 AM' >5/10/2011 12:00:00 AM</br><input type = 'Radio' Name ='radio' Value='5/4/2011 12:00:00 AM' >5/4/2011 12:00:00 AM</br><input name="getrecordset" type="Submit" value="Get Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='displaydata.php';"><input name="revgeocode" type="Submit" value="Geocode Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='geocode.php';"><input name="autoweed" type="Submit" value="Auto Weed Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='autoweed.php';"><input name="archive" type="Submit" value="Archive Recordset" onClick="this.form.action='archive.php';"></form></div></body></html>

There is an ugly space between the bottom of all my submit buttons and the bottom line of my border for my div. This only occurs in IE. In every other browser I use it is not there. I tried changing the padding to zero in the div with no luck. That was not it. I can't seem to logically track down the source of the gap which occurs only in IE.Thanks a bunch.

as above; tag order is very important, as is doctype declaration. Avoid quirks mode if possible, you loose a lot of CSS and layout gets wonky.Also, IE is quite literal about the white space, if you have any white space between your closing form and div tags you could see a line break down there as form is a block element. Most other browsers will kindly ignore this whitespace even though IE is technically compliant in render it.Those unexpected text nodes can also cause unanticipated script problems if you're not looking out for them.

Archived