disable right click

gongpex

Hello everyonewhy when I used "right click disabled" script can't work in opera 1010?whereas in other browser it can works wellwhether we cannot use "right click disabled" in opera?please someone answer methanks

The truth is that disabling right-click doesn't prevent anybody from taking your site's content and it reduces usability. If you wish to protect your images the only way is to watermark them.Ways to get around right-click blocking:

• Print Screen
  • Control + C / Control + V
  • Viewing page media in the browser's options
  • Viewing the source code and copying URLs

To clarify. Some of us have been on this board a long time. Ingolme is almost up to 5000 posts. I don't think we've ever seen a question about disabling right clicks that was not about preventing users from "stealing" content. So that is why we all assumed this to be the motivation behind your post even if you did not say so explicitly.Here's the truth about the Internet:You cannot protect content. If doing so is important to you, change the content (Ingolme's solution) or stop developing for the Internet.FWIW, unless your site gets 1000+ visitors a day, no one important is going to bother with your content anyway. If you do get a bazillion hits each day, you can afford lawyers to protect your right to profit from your content (which is not the same thing as protecting the content itself). You'll notice that none of the big corporate sights disable right clicks.Best advice: Don't worry. Be happy.That said, if you want to keep users from casually stealing artwork, don't put it in an img tag. Instead, make it some element's background image. The key word there is "casually." As Ingolme said, anyone serious about stealing your content can do so with just a little bit of effort.

##CUT##FWIW, unless your site gets 1000+ visitors a day, no one important is going to bother with your content anyway. If you do get a bazillion hits each day, you can afford lawyers to protect your right to profit from your content (which is not the same thing as protecting the content itself). You'll notice that none of the big corporate sights disable right clicks.Best advice: Don't worry. Be happy.##CUT##
i think you mean 'site' ?Your Casual Editor :)my own advice for "protecting images on the internet" - just refer to Robin Williams quote in the movie The Fisher King when he's out in Central Park with Jeff Bridges. :)

To answer the question about Opera specifically, by default Opera does not send right-click events to Javascript. The user has to make that change in Opera if they want the script to receive right-click events. To change that setting for one site, you can press F12, Edit Site Preferences -> Scripting -> "Allow scripts to detect context menu events". The only time I ever enable that is if I'm using a site like Google Maps that actually provides something useful when I right-click. Most sites don't do anything useful when I right-click, they just block it or something.

Archived