Adding graphic lines between list elements. (Solved)

kuran

Please see the attached picture to see what I want to achieve.Right now I have the horizontal lines embedded as a .jpg image between each <li> element in the html. Is there a way to use CSS so it places these images in the same way? I would prefer to keep using bitmaps so the effect is as standardized as possible, if that makes sense. Also, is it possible to attach the 'nieuw' element in a clean CSS way to the final element in the list? I want it to be positioned so it matches the end of each line... right now I am doing it in a messy way with absolute positioning and its own separate div.Thanks for any help!cssq.png

For the dotted line, just give a bottom border to your <li> elements: border-bottom: 1px dashed #999;For the little text, I'd put it in a <span> and float it to the right.

For the dotted line, just give a bottom border to your <li> elements: border-bottom: 1px dashed #999;For the little text, I'd put it in a <span> and float it to the right.
Thank you Ingolme, I've wormed my way to the solution using your great advice.Using span to add 'nieuw' to the <li> element works out, however I can't seem to force the word 'nieuw' to appear on the same line as the <li> element. Right now it jumps to the second line, appearing below the <li> element..

If you place it before the text of the li element and then float it it will appear on the same line.You can use line-height to adjust how far the dotted line is from the text.

If you place it before the text of the li element and then float it it will appear on the same line.You can use line-height to adjust how far the dotted line is from the text.
Thank you, that did the trick!

Archived