Javascript Slideshow Problems

Demiscient

They're not issues per se, the slideshow is technically working fine, but there's a problem. I took the script from a tutorial online and the tutorial didn't have any left and right buttons, only buttons on the bottom. And I really wanted left-right buttons so with all my noob powers combined, I tried to install some. http://yaharr.com/endemic/ That's my website, you can see what I came up with myself. But in order to overlay the buttons on top of the sides of the slideshow and have it appear as thought the slides were sliding behind the buttons, I needed to put the buttons in a div that sits on top of everything. If I get rid of the div, then it shoves the content of the slideshow over to the left and also doesn't move with the size of the browser, so if you make the screen smaller, one portion will still slide to accomodate it and another will remain static. Basically I had no other way but to use the divs, no other way that I could think of. So now when I'm trying to link something from the content in my slideshow (the orange words that say "read more.." ), the div on top that is housing the two buttons is blocking access. Does anyone have some suggestions as to what I should do? Should I be posting this in another forum? It sort of has to do with PHP and CSS as well, so I don't know if this is the appropriate place for it. Help would be very much appreciated!!

The .buttons container is the problem here, you need to remove this completely, so you are left with .next ,and prev then #slideshow should be given a position relative .next should be given position absolute with top:right: properties to place it the correct position.prev should be given position absolute with top:left: properties to place it the correct position Now the position of the nav controls is determine by the boundary of the #slideshow container, and because the nav controls only occupy a small area, and not the total area of the #slideshow container they won't prevent access to links etc within the slide show, and because they are using position absolute, they are taken out of the flow, or occupy no space, so they should not affect the slideshow layout.

I changed all that and it's still a bit broken (but very much improved since I can actually click on stuff now). It's apparently not listening to the "top:right" property, is there a way around that? I've left the site as is after following your instructions so you can see what I mean.

Archived