Server Performance "opentextfile"

khadem1386

SET SED = server.CreateObject("Scripting.fileSystemObject")	set fil11 = sed.OpenTextFile(Path,8)' append

in this code above when this code use appande case it must open all file strime then append? I am worry if my file be very big. append case upload all of data of file then Add then Save. OR .. only Add and Saving(without uploading) what is appending? thanks

yes it is my question. but I know what is appending, but my question is about its system and technique. I am making a log file that it save a report of act of an Asp file. now my log file will be large and large. and I think and worry that it make trouble for server each time it want save new DATA in this file. What is important for server and my performance programing when I use "OpenTextFile(Path,8)" ?

• size of new data that we want add.
  • size of old data that we had saved it in our log file in before? (for example size of file:40MG).

my ask is about system and technique and performance of "OpenTextFile" If our file be large it make trouble for CPU and RAM of server? (I don't worry for hard drive (host))Thanks of your time

There's not an easy way to check memory usage in ASP without several debugging tools, so I'm not sure if appending to a file causes it to read the entire file into memory or not. It's easy enough to time the script and see how long it takes to write the file when the file is large versus small though.

Archived