Moving Input Data From Php Or Html Page To Mysql Data Base

SERocks

Hi, I am creating a page to take inputted information and move it to a MySQL database. I started with a HTML page I created then was told I needed to do this in PHP. I have most everything created but am missing something to tie it to the data base I think. I need some input on which is the better way to do this, with an Html page or the PHP page. Then what am I missing to get the information to show up in the database? Not sure configuration is loading to connect it to the DB. When testing on my machine I got no error but do now it is on the server. You may find the files stored here for viewing.www.ntains.com/Quotes/NTAQot.phpwww.ntains.com/Quotes/NTAQuote.htmlAny other info you might need please contact me.Any pointers to remove the errors and help my get this running would be great. This is the last step in their project and I would like to tie it up.Your assistance is Greatly appreciated. Attached are copies of the files in case you need to see them. Contact me for the php file

NTAQuote.html

#1 Could you post the code from the .php form? The Form the people will input data. Like JSG asked.#2 Your form can be a pure .html file HOWEVER you will have to send that form to a .php file that will process it.Ex: <form action="aphpfile.php" method="post">.....</form> In that .php file you will have to retrieve all the input data then send it too the MySQL database.

#1 Could you post the code from the .php form? The Form the people will input data. Like JSG asked.#2 Your form can be a pure .html file HOWEVER you will have to send that form to a .php file that will process it.Ex: <form action="aphpfile.php" method="post">.....</form> In that .php file you will have to retrieve all the input data then send it too the MySQL database (or what ever database system you use).

Archived