Web Development Distance Learning Courses (Uk)

sc00ned

I've just started using W3schools.com to learn HTML having taken the decision to pursue web development. I wanted to work with computers for a long time throughout my youth - though wasn't sure what specifically - but took an altogether different direction for university (Journalism). I am now looking to take a course in web development, though I am unsure of where I need to start, and more importantly, what qualifications I can earn from distance learning that are industry recognised. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I started out in art and gravitated towards Web design after re-assessing my needs and goals from college. I came to that decision quite simply because artists don’t make money. Well some of them don’t.I perused and graduated with a degree in Multimedia and Web design. I could have taken another class and received another degree in Graphic design because of similarities of the two degrees. My courses started off with Web authoring, HTML & CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and more. It was a lot to swallow and I took some more art classes as well and architecture. 3D art was fun but takes way too much time. Well it did back then. You should look at the programs the schools offer, read the course layout, decide if it the right path and research each course to see what the class will be like.Good luck and enjoy! -Grahamalluringmedia.net

Archived