Gd With Php?

Man In Tan

I'm having a problem with robots registering on my site. They're getting through my text-based captcha, as I knew they would. They haven't done any real damage yet, but I don't need my database filled with unused accounts. I tried using Google's reCaptcha, but due to its use of the JavaScript document.write() function, it's not compatible with my XHTML environment. Nothin' to do for it, but use my own captcha. But to do that, I need access to PHP's GD functions. And I can't find good instructions for compiling the three things PHP needs for the GD extension. Can someone please tell me how to compile libpng, zlib, and libjpeg? I do understand PHP will need to be recompiled, but I don't need help with that. Also, PNGs have always been my favorite image format, and I never use image formats with lossy compression methods. Do I really need libjpeg? Thanks in advance!

I can't help you, but I'm interested in how things work-out for you. Please post your solution if you don't get it here. Thanks.

Okay, will do. I'll probably do some experimenting on my test server later, so maybe things will just work out. EDIT: After 24 hours, and much frustration, I managed to get it working (I think). But now I'm tired. I'll post my findings tomorrow. EDIT: Nope, sill having issues.

Archived