Cannot Find The Syntax Error

jimfog

I cannot find the syntax error in the following code:

echo  "<div><a href="$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']".?month= ". $prev_month . "&year= ". $prev_year;

Is there a problem with the quotes?

Ok, it worked, but why you inserted double quotes twice at the beginning and the end?

It would be better to use single quotes to surround text as in the html etc, then you would not need to escape the double quotes within that html echo '<div><a href="'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'?month='.$prev_month.' &year= '.$prev_year.'"';

echo  '<div><a href="'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'?month='.$prev_month.'&year='.$prev_year.'"';

these quotes issue is very complicated. Here is another line who(again) i cannot make it right.

echo    '<div class="monthname"'>$monthNames[$cMonth - 1].'kkk'. $cYear'</div>';

The class name is in double quotes-where is the error here? Is it ok for the string 'kkk' the way it is?

The code you provided would work like this

echo '<div class="monthname">' . $monthNames[$cMonth - 1] . 'kkk' . $cyear . '</div>';

Let me explain. When you display an HTML link using echo, you actually display a string that's why you have to enclose it in a single or double-quotes. But you also want to display some PHP variables. The dot (.) is connecting all the parts of the echo statement so you have to use it in both ends. For example

echo 'string' . $variable . 'string';

. As you see, in your code you forgot to add the dot before $monthNames[$cMonth - 1] and what is more your single quote should go after > so that it is inside the string. I really hope i didn't make this more complicated for you. I am in a hurry, i'll probably be able to explain it more simple when i go home.

Now i got it-at last. Thanks

Archived