HTML / CSS Problem

Mudsaf

This is my Css file

@charset "utf-8";* {margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;}body {background-image:url(includes/images/background01.jpg);background-repeat:repeat;} #topic_background_one {background-image:url(includes/images/topic_background.jpg);width:1200px;} h1 {font-family:Chiller;font-size:20px;margin-left:2px;}h2 {font-family:Chiller;font-size:18px;margin-left:2px;}h3 {font-family:Chiller;font-size:16px;margin-left:2px;}h4 {font-family:Chiller;font-size:14px;margin-left:2px;}h5 {font-family:Chiller;font-size:12px;margin-left:2px;}p {font-size:10px;font-family:Chiller;margin-left:2px;}

The problem is it doesn't show images like background or anything. Need some kind of fix and i didint find and errors. HTML page shows this below. It edits fonts but the images doesnt show.

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><link href="includes/styles/style01.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><title>Untitled Document</title></head><body></body></html>

Actually didin't solve my problem :S Weird thing is that it works with <style> tag in html form, but it links too to correct css file also, but somehow doesn't modify the background.

If your css file is inincludes/styles/style01.cssand you use includes/images/topic_background.jpg for the image it will assume you have folders includes/images/ from inside your css folder, whereas you should come out of css folder too the root of includes folder and enter the images folder by using '../images/topic_background.jpg'background-image:url(../images/topic_background.jpg);

still doesn't work, copyed whole includes folder inside my styles folder, but this works.

<style>body {background-image:url(includes/images/background01.jpg);background-repeat:repeat;}</style>

If your directory looks like this:

-index.html (This being the HTML file your working with)-includes   -images	  -background01.jpg	  -topic_background.jpg   -styles	  -style01.css

In your HTML file you include the CSS file as:includes/styles/style01.cssInside the CSS file you need to reference your background images** as:../images/background01.jpg../images/topic_background.jpg You do not need to change your directory structure at all. Just change the file paths to correctly reference the image. ** After a quick test, it appears that I was wrong about how images are referenced in CSS files. Dsonesuk is correct, that files are referenced in relation to the CSS file rather than the HTML file as I had stated.

Archived