copying with jquery

phpnoob

Yesterday i was made a simple jquery life search to mysql, and today i want to make a auto complete jquery code, i made it in half, and i'm stock, help me, i'm not good in js, but i was check everything in here but cant find a good code.the situation is this, it have 3 table "td" 1 name and 2 link, when i click the name td, the jquery start and copy those 3 table "td" all in 1 input value, i mean i have 3 input 1 for name and 2 for link. atm i have the simple code for put data to value, now i need the copy code, i find 1 code but that copy the html tag to, that not good :(

<script type="text/javascript">$('#TD').click(function(){  $('#input').attr('value', '1');});

Help me, thx

It would help if we had the html table code as well, to see what we are dealing with if you have <td id="TD"> whatever values</td> you would use simply use

$('#TD').click(function(){var current_value = $(this).html();  $('#input').attr('value', current_value);});

however if you have <td id="TD"><span> whatever values</span></td> you will have to target the first parent element of the text ie span, not td

$('#TD').click(function(){var current_value = $(this)children("span").html();  $('#input').attr('value', current_value);});

OR

$('#TD span').click(function(){var current_value = $(this).html();  $('#input').attr('value', current_value);});

sry for forgot to write the full html code, here it is

<html><head><script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script></head><body>Name:<input id="input" value=""/> | Link1:<Input id="link1" value=""/> | Link2<input id="link2" value="" /><table><tr><td id="TD">Name</td><td>Link1</td><td>Link2</td></table> <script type="text/javascript">$('#TD').click(function(){  $('#input').attr('value', '1');});</script></body></html>

and want to copy the name to input id and link1 to link1 value and link2 to link2 value, by clicking only to name td

thx it work, but i find something bad, why not work the code if it have number in copy id? :(good code, but if the td id have number and i write it in here "var current_value = $('#linka').html();" then its stop working

<html><head><script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script></head><body>Name:<input id="input" value=""/> | Link1:<Input id="link1" value=""/> | Link2<input id="link2" value="" /><table><tr><td id="TD"> Game Name1 </td><td id="linka" style="display:none;"> Game1 link1 </td><td id="linkaa" style="display:none;"> Game1 link2 </td></tr><script type="text/javascript">$('#TD').click(function(){var current_value = $(this).html();  $('#input').attr('value', current_value);});$('#TD').click(function(){var current_value = $('#linka').html();  $('#link1').attr('value', current_value);});$('#TD').click(function(){var current_value = $('#linkaa').html();  $('#link2').attr('value', current_value);});</script></table> <table><tr><td id="TDb"> Game Name2 </td><td id="linkb" style="display:none;"> Game2 Link1 </td><td id="linkbb" style="display:none;"> Game2 link2 </td></tr><script type="text/javascript">$('#TDb').click(function(){var current_value = $(this).html();  $('#input').attr('value', current_value);});$('#TDb').click(function(){var current_value = $('#linkb').html();  $('#link1').attr('value', current_value);});$('#TDb').click(function(){var current_value = $('#linkbb').html();  $('#link2').attr('value', current_value);});</script></table></body></html>

i made a little exaple, you see 2 tr and i have to add TDb and linkb and linkbb in id, cause the code stop if it have number in id, i hope some1 can help me

all with one click

$(document).ready(function() 	{ $('#TDb').click(function(){var current_value = $(this).html();  $('#input0').attr('value', current_value);  current_value = $(this).parent("tr").children("td").eq(1).html();  $('#link1').attr('value', current_value);	current_value = $(this).parent("tr").children("td").eq(2).html();  $('#link2').attr('value', current_value); }); });

all with one click
$(document).ready(function()  	{ $('#TDb').click(function(){var current_value = $(this).html();  $('#input0').attr('value', current_value);  current_value = $(this).parent("tr").children("td").eq(1).html();  $('#link1').attr('value', current_value);	current_value = $(this).parent("tr").children("td").eq(2).html();  $('#link2').attr('value', current_value); }); });

thx it work and maybe its better then mine, cause i don't need id in 2+3 td only in the first td if not prob i change this codecurrent_value = $(this).parent("tr").children("td").eq(2).html(); to this current_value = $(this).parent('tr').children('td').eq(2).html(); i don't know why but in php it make error even if i modifiyng itcurrent_value = $(this).parent(/"tr/").children(/"td/").eq(2).html();

Archived