which where that the most difficult?

gongpex

Hello everyone, Just to ask and collect opinion, A] web programmingB] game programmingC] computer programmingD] device programming from all of those, which where that the most difficult to learned and can obtain much money / big salary if someone understand ? please someone answer me Thanks

probably the game programing

Certainly game programming. The requirements for a game are far more complex than those for an application that's designed to do one specific task. It's more than just programming, though. It's software engineering.

I think, from all of your answer are leads to "the most difficult to learned" , now my question is : Which one from them, that can obtain much money? Note : I ask about this that's not mean if I "money grubber" I just want to know please answer and don't misunderstand Thanks

They are all valuable skills, how much you get paid depends on who you work for and how much they have to offer. Skills that are easier to learn pay less because more people know them, so basic web programming probably pays the least.

Anything that doesn't involve a lot of interactivity with something like PHP and Javascript, and definitely anything that involves using third-party products like Wordpress to set up a site. You don't even need to be a programmer to set up a Wordpress site, so competition is going to be high and prices low.

Thanks for that explanation. It seems that nowadays wordpress "type" sites are everywhere. I have noticed that a lot of people who have web design companies use wordpress for making their clients' websites. This is basically okay, but in your opinion, would you recommend/advise people who are serious about web design/development to stay away from such things at first? Also with things such as jQuery? I personally think jQuery is great but I told myself to stay away from it for now and focus on JavaScript itself. I understand these are "time savers" but what if one day a client asks for something that these libraries don't have? I know that would be rare with jQuey because it has a lot going on, but if someone goes to work for a company and they ask you to make a simple sliding div and they say no jQuery, you'll be scratching your head... ;) (when saying "you", I'm generally speaking)Thanks again.

This is basically okay, but in your opinion, would you recommend/advise people who are serious about web design/development to stay away from such things at first?
I guess it depends what your goals are. If you would rather make money without spending a huge amount of time then Wordpress is ok, but if you want to build skills that you can use in places other than setting up web sites that look like every other web site then Wordpress doesn't have a whole lot to offer you. The people I know who set up Wordpress sites for people come to me for changes to the site because they don't know how to program and can't do it themselves, but they can follow instructions to put together a theme and a few Wordpress modules and bill their client.
Also with things such as jQuery?
jQuery or other frameworks are fine, but they don't replace a knowledge of Javascript. There are tons of questions here about jQuery being asked by people who don't know Javascript, if they knew Javascript they wouldn't need help to solve their problems with jQuery. In another thread I compared it to construction, if you're building a house then using a nail gun instead of a hammer will save time, but picking up a nail gun doesn't all of a sudden give you the knowledge you need to build a house. It's a valuable tool in the hands of a skilled craftsman but it doesn't automatically make someone a craftsman.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, Now I want ask about language, From all of these language which where that the most difficult : - C/C++- Java- PHP- Javascript- Assembly- JSP- Servlets- XML- SQL- Delphi- Pascal From all of these language which language that people often use it to create game? I ask this just for pooling please someone tell me Thanks

I dont know about delphi and pascal and i did not use jsp so cant tell about them. most tough language will be assembly language as it is low level language. servlet is not language it is part of java. it is like applet difference is it runs on server except for browser. javascript,php,c++,java comes into object oriented language category. they also share lot of features. PHP JS JAVA do lot of the things which implictly to reduce headech of developer which you have to do it with manualy in C++. eg garbage collection. apart from that first three has a good documentetion of API which make it easier to learn and developing too.+ PHP+ JAVASCRIPT+ JAVA+ C++SQL is different from above it is used to query database. command itself are easy to learn but it implmentetion could be complex.XML is probably most easier among all of them for game programing mostly used C++ java for desktop base gaming. making game in C++ is tougher than java. java has image handling 2d/3d,thread etc api inbuilt. where in C++ you have to do those on your own (there may be third party libary or game engine for that though) javascript is widely use for web based gaming. php also used for gaming with javascript. if you intend for a good web absed game javsscript is essential. XML and SQL may used with them frequently.

Out of that reduced batch - C++.JAVA, PHP and JavaScript have garbage collectors, i.e. they automatically unallocate unused memory you allocated, once the runtime detects you wouldn't be able to access that memory again. C++ doesn't do that - you have to allocate AND unallocate the memory you use, and failure to do so produces what is normally referred to as "memory leaks". In addition, out of this batch, C++ is the only language in which the developer needs to look out for buffer overflow attacks, while with the other languages, the runtime bails out on overflows.It's worth noting that the runtimes for the other languages are all written in C++ (well... PHP is written in C, but C has the same flaws, and C code is compatible with C++), so despite these flaws, C++ remains one of the most valuable and popular languages of today.Delphi and Pascal are on equal ground with C++. Difference is mostly in popularity (C++ is the most popular).

Archived