CSS delay in loading

prashanth12

Hello, I have a question about CSS. I am new to HTML/CSS, and I just put up a web page with a style sheet. I am using Firefox 6.0.2 (I know it's old now, but it is working fine for me right now). When I load the page that has the CSS (an external style sheet), I notice a very brief (fraction of a second) display of the pre-CSS formatting (font and background), and then it displays the CSS font and background. The problem disappears when I use inline styling instead of the external style sheet. I tried to access the page in Microsoft IE, and the issue is almost invisible, but I still notice the change since a band of the original background color will appear before the CSS formatting appears. The problem is that other, professionally done pages (such as indeed.com and other sites) don't do this in my browser. So can anyone help me with this? A link to my page is below:http://www.prashanth...e.com/test.html The issue is easiest to see after you first load the page when you click refresh.

All I see when I refresh is a flash of a blank white page... and a majority of sites do that (99.99999999999%).Is that your only problem?

Edited by Krewe

Sorry about the late reply. The problem that I see when I refresh is that it flashes a white background and also the text for a split second is times new roman instead of verdana. What I think is going on is that my browser is first displaying the page without the CSS info and then after this first display it displays again with the CSS. This doesn't happen for me with other websites. When I click refresh for other websites I never see the text type or background colors change. If you look at my site again, look at the text when you hit refresh and see if it changes. It must be something wrong with my code (maybe something in the <head> section).

i dont either... sorry... :/.

I found out what made the problem go away. I added Java script to the page (I don't really know how to use javascript, but I just found some javascript code from a page on the web and added it to my page). After I did this the problem completely went away. I am not sure why this helped, but at least for my PC and browser it worked. Any ideas?

I found out what made the problem go away. I added Java script to the page (I don't really know how to use javascript, but I just found some javascript code from a page on the web and added it to my page). After I did this the problem completely went away. I am not sure why this helped, but at least for my PC and browser it worked. Any ideas?
For some reason I highly doubt it was the javascript fixing it... If no one else here is getting that problem it could just be your internet connection when trying to connect to your server. If the html loads before the css renders you're gonna see the problem your having.

thats true, i suggest looking into an another ISP :)... if you asking me at least :P...