Index PHP File is doing Dramas and ActingUp

amitamberker

you can't run php files without installing php. IIS is webserver which can serve files no matter what it is. if your server is running and if you put any html file in web root eg index.html it will show that. installing php means when anyone request a page with .php extension php interpreter will execute it nd then iis will serve it.
Hi birbal,Okay... Okay... I understood now. Thanks a lot for clarification. Well explained :)

The Windows versions are listed here: http://windows.php.net/download/ The box on the left indicates that you should use the VC9 version for IIS, and you probably want the non thread safe version. I can't answer your question about Sharepoint, I don't use it.
Hi justsomeguy, Yes, I found it in the box on the left side... Under the "Which version do I choose?" it says: "If you are using PHP with IIS you should use the VC9 versions of PHP" So, would you suggest me to use (install) this one? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PHP 5.4 (5.4.4) Download source code [20.08MB]VC9 x86 Non Thread Safe (2012-Jun-13 22:39:00)
  • Zip [14.57MB] sha1: 47b6c0b240ec0147796a401baaf8eb9229b23410
  • Debug Pack [7.73MB] sha1: 2f358f0d51fe14a480cafd5ffd5b839e31380133

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~By the way there are 3 Links... "Download source code" - "Zip" - "Debug Pack"... Should I pick (download) all those files to Install PHP? I have no idea what does "Non Thread Safe" and "Thread Safe" versions means. Okie, no worries if you are not sure about Sharepoint. I use Sharepoint to Develop / Design Websites and also to update HTML, CSS, JS codings (as and when required).

Edited by creative1977

The zip package is for manual installation, I would download that one and go through the installation steps to install and configure it. That's the route I've always gone.
Hi justsomeguy,Just now downloaded Zip [14.97MB] file from PHP 5.3 (5.3.14) -- VC9 x86 Non Thread Safe (2012-Jun-13 22:41:43) and Unzipped the Folder. Please find the attached "Screenshot of VC9 Non Thread Safe.png"... So, which one should I double click to install PHP? "php.exe" OR "php-cgi.exe" OR "php-win.exe"?

post-22301-0-30741500-1339830345_thumb.png

You don't double-click any of those to install it, you copy the files manually to the location where you want it installed, configure PHP, and then configure IIS to use PHP for .php files. The instructions for doing that are in the PHP installation manual, there's no reason for me to repeat everything here.

You don't double-click any of those to install it, you copy the files manually to the location where you want it installed, configure PHP, and then configure IIS to use PHP for .php files. The instructions for doing that are in the PHP installation manual, there's no reason for me to repeat everything here.
Hi justsomeguy,Okie. So, the "php-5.4.4-nts-Win32-VC9-x86" folder in (C:\Program Files) location. I tried reading instructions from:http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.manual.phpbut could not understand anything. I mean, I am feeling it very tough to understand / follow those notes. Could you please provide some kind of Video Link which would help me to follow that instructions? But however, let me ask you this. Could you please get into my Screen via TeamViewer for few minutes? I will watch you and Note-Down the steps...

did you unpack the package yet?

I don't have time to personally walk you through this. The point is for you to learn it by doing it yourself. Literally every single time I've installed PHP, including the very first time many years ago, I've gone through the manual and done what it said. Every time I've fixed an installation that someone else set up, I've gone through the manual and found a step that they skipped. If you follow the manual it will work. It is not as confusing as you're making it out to be. That page you linked to describes the contents of the zip package and how to configure the php.ini file, that's it. When you're configuring php.ini you should go through and look at each setting so that you can get an idea about what is possible, and the manual describes the options that you need to change for PHP to work with IIS. The only thing you need to do is not give up if you don't understand something, just keep working at it. It will probably take you over an hour to finish the setup, that's normal.

did you unpack the package yet?
Hi birbal,Which package you are referring about? As per justsomeguy's recommendation I downloaded this:http://windows.php.net/downloads/releases/php-5.4.4-nts-Win32-VC9-x86.zipand then after Unzipping it, I placed it at (C:\Program Files) location.

I don't have time to personally walk you through this. The point is for you to learn it by doing it yourself. Literally every single time I've installed PHP, including the very first time many years ago, I've gone through the manual and done what it said. Every time I've fixed an installation that someone else set up, I've gone through the manual and found a step that they skipped. If you follow the manual it will work. It is not as confusing as you're making it out to be. That page you linked to describes the contents of the zip package and how to configure the php.ini file, that's it. When you're configuring php.ini you should go through and look at each setting so that you can get an idea about what is possible, and the manual describes the options that you need to change for PHP to work with IIS. The only thing you need to do is not give up if you don't understand something, just keep working at it. It will probably take you over an hour to finish the setup, that's normal.
Hi justsomeguy,Okie. Gotch you. Thank you for the information and for your support.

Hello justsomeguy, I am feeling like to "Give Up" because I am indeed not able understand anything at all. My Brain is paining a lot. Maybe I should just forget and Move-On. By the way one of my Friend from Dubai has offered to Help me. Currently he is Busy with his Project. He has agreed to Show Me the Live Demo about how to do this stuff. I am Giving This Up. I know you this is Sad but I tried my best.

Edited by creative1977

you can try downloading xampp or wampp package which will download and install in one place. which may be easier for you. it includes apache as web server so in the case you have to disable iis to continue with it.

you can try downloading xampp or wampp package which will download and install in one place. which may be easier for you. it includes apache as web server so in the case you have to disable iis to continue with it.
Hi birbal,Thanks for your reply. So, how do I disable IIS to continue with xampp or wampp package?

I use Easy PHP 5.3.9 and have it installed on a 4GB flash drive. It's easy to use and it's nice that I can take it with me if needed.
Hi scout1idf, Greetings! Thank you for your Reply Mate :) So, how did you install Easy PHP 5.3.9 into your 4GB Pen Drive? I thought Pen Drives are meant for storing Data Information such as Music, Document Files, Images and etc... But never heard that it could be used to Install programs. And by the way, after installing Easy PHP 5.3.9 into your 4GB Pen Drive, what do you do to view .php files from Web Browser? Can you get into my Screen via "TeamViewer" program to show me Live Demo?I am downloading "EasyPHP-5.3.9-setup.exe" file now. It's a 23.6 MB size. Edited by creative1977

http://www.google.co...+to+disable+iis here you can find how to disable iis
Hi birbal,I was thinking to do that search on Google. Thanks for doing that search on my Behalf. By the way are you available on Skype?

i don't have skype.

i don't have skype.
Then what do you have? Yahoo Messenger? Google Talk?

i had skype and YM before but neither of them i use now nor i have installed it. only social network i use is FB

Hi scout1idf, Greetings! Thank you for your Reply Mate :) So, how did you install Easy PHP 5.3.9 into your 4GB Pen Drive? I thought Pen Drives are meant for storing Data Information such as Music, Document Files, Images and etc... But never heard that it could be used to Install programs. And by the way, after installing Easy PHP 5.3.9 into your 4GB Pen Drive, what do you do to view .php files from Web Browser? Can you get into my Screen via "TeamViewer" program to show me Live Demo? I am downloading "EasyPHP-5.3.9-setup.exe" file now. It's a 23.6 MB size.
I downloaded it to the flash drive then unzipped it and began the install (took 40 minutes for me). It put's an icon on the desk top and the quick launch by the clock. Clicking on the desktop icon starts the servers and right clicking on the quick launch icon gives you the option for local web or admin, along with other options. Clicking on either local web or admin gives you access to the created web pages. To put files on the server, just save them to the www file in the EasyPHP files. No need for a FTP program. You can create your MySQL data bases through the admin screen... NOTE: Make sure you shut down the servers when you are done. I may just be paranoid, but I don't leave my server running when I'm not using it or gone.I even remove the drive, but that's because I don't like leaving it hang out the front of my computer. (one less thing to hear about from my wife as well)
  • Like 1

Hi scout1idf,Thank you for your response mate.Believe me - Because of confusions I had literally GAVE-UP to learn this.Alrighty! So, please find the attached "Screenshot of EasyPHP 5.3.9 from my Laptop.png" file for your reference. So, what should be my Next Step?

Hi scout1idf, I have transferred some ".php" into:

S:\Program Files\EasyPHP-5.3.9\www
So, what should be my Next Step? Edited by creative1977

Hi scout1idf,What does this mean? Could you please explain again? I mean, in a more easier way?

Clicking on either local web or admin gives you access to the created web pages.