Hidden Divs?

davej

By toggling the display property. EDIT: It's super simple:

function showDiv(value) {   divTest = document.getElementById(value);		 if (divTest.style.display === "none") {		 divTest.style.display = '';	  } else if (divTest.style.display === '') {			divTest.style.display = "none";		 }   //alert(value);  }

html:

echo '<button class="button2"  onclick="showDiv(this.value)" value="companyInfo' . $counterz . '">Company Info</button>';echo '<div id="companyInfo' . $counterz . '" style="display:none;">' . $hours . '</div>';  

Edited by niche

Ah, thanks! Somehow I never noticed the "none" option there. Excellent! Then there is the matter of animating the height. Style.height isn't working for me. Is there another trick? Thanks!

Oh, I had a typo. == rather than = So I wonder if the BBC div is actually an image?

<html><head><title>hide abc</title><style type="text/css">div#hide{background-color: yellow;height: 200px;}div#def{background-color: green;height: 200px;}p{text-align:center;}</style><script type="text/javascript">window.onload = function(){$("btn_h").onclick = hide;$("btn_d").onclick = disp;$("btn_a").onclick = animate;}function hide(){if ($("hide").style.visibility=="hidden"){$("hide").style.visibility="visible";}else{$("hide").style.visibility="hidden";}}function disp(){if ($("hide").style.display!="none"){$("hide").style.display="none";}else{$("hide").style.display="";}}function animate(){if ($("hide").style.height!="0px"){//alert('['+$("hide").style.height+']');$("hide").style.height="0px";}else{$("hide").style.height="200px";}}function $(id){return document.getElementById(id);}</script></head><body><a href="#" id="btn_h">hide</a><a href="#" id="btn_d">display</a><a href="#" id="btn_a">animate</a><div id="hide"><p>abc</p></div><div id="def"><p>def</p></div></body></html>

Why are you wondering when you could be using your browser's developer tools to inspect the elements and find out for yourself?
Good question. I'm using Chrome and actually I think Chrome sucks, but yes I can see it's not an image.

OK, but are you using your developer tools to know that (firebug in firefox)? Coding is much easier with these tools.

With Chrome you can right-click anywhere on the page and select Inspect Element to have the developer tools open and highlight that element in the markup, which will also show all of the CSS rules that apply to it.
Yes I eventually did that, but I don't feel very comfortable with Chrome. I'm used to FF but FF was unstable on my machine and there were too many updates coming out constantly. In Chrome how do I find the Javascript? Edited by davej

See #6. Developer's tools are listed under tools.

Edited by niche

It's minified. I don't find it readable.

*/(function(){var f={glow:true},b=/([$^\\\/()|?+*\[\]{}.-])/g,a=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase(),k="1.7.7",r=0,g=[],m=0,q=[],o=0,s=false,n={VERSION:k,UID:"glow"+Math.floor(Math.random()*(1<<30)),isDomReady:window.gloader&&gloader.isReady,isReady:window.gloader&&gloader.isReady,env:function(){var u=[0,NaN],d=(/opera[\s\/]([\w\.]+)/.exec(a)||u)[1],v=d?NaN:(/msie ([\w\.]+)/.exec(a)||u)[1],x=(/rv:([\w\.]+).*gecko\//.exec(a)||u)[1],e=(/applewebkit\/([\w\.]+)/.exec(a)||u)[1],t=(/khtml\/([\w\.]+)/.exec(a)||u)[1],w=parseFloat;return{gecko:w(x),ie:w(v),opera:w(d),webkit:w(e),khtml:w(t),version:v||x||e||d||t,standardsMode:document.compatMode!="BackCompat"&&(!v||v>=6)};}(),module:function(u){var t=2,w=u.depends[0]||[],d=w.length,e=u.name,v=window.glow;if(u.library[1]!=n.VERSION){throw new Error("Cannot register "+e+": Version mismatch");}if(w[2]){for(;t<d;t++){if(!f[w[t]]){throw new Error("Module "+w[t]+" required before "+e);}}}u.builder(n);f[e]=true;return n;},ready:function(d){if(this.isReady){d();}else{q[o++]=d;}return this;},_readyBlockers:{},_addReadyBlock:function(d){if(!n._readyBlockers[d]){n._readyBlockers[d]=true;n.isReady=false;r++;}return n;},_removeReadyBlock:function(d){if(n._readyBlockers[d]){n._readyBlockers[d]=false;r--;if(!r){n.isReady=true;p();}}return n;},onDomReady:function(d){if(this.isDomReady){d();}else{g[m++]=d;}},lang:{trim:function(d){return d.replace(/^\s*((?:[\S\s]*\S)?)\s*$/,"$1");},toArray:function(e){if(e.constructor==Array){return e;}var u=[],t=0,d=e.length;for(;t<d;t++){u[t]=e[t];}return u;},apply:function(d,t){for(var e in t){d[e]=t[e];}return d;},map:function(e,x,w){if(Array.prototype.map){return Array.prototype.map.call(e,x,w||e);}if(!x.call){throw new TypeError();}var d=e.length,v=[],u=w||e,t=0;for(;t<d;t++){if(t in e){v[t]=x.call(u,e[t],t,e);}}return v;},replace:(function(){var d="g".replace(/g/,function(){return"l";})!="l",e=String.prototype.replace;return function(y,w,t){var z,v,x,u;if(!d||typeof(t)!="function"){return e.call(y,w,t);}if(!(w instanceof RegExp)){z=y.indexOf(w);return z==-1?y:e.call(y,w,t.call(null,w,z,y));}u=[];x=w.lastIndex=0;while((v=w.exec(y))!=null){z=v.index;u[u.length]=y.slice(x,z);u[u.length]=t.apply(null,v);if(w.global){x=w.lastIndex;}else{x=z+v[0].length;break;}}u[u.length]=y.slice(x);return u.join("");};})(),interpolate:function(t,w,u){var d,v,e,x;u=u||{};if(u.escapeHtml){if(!n.dom){throw new Error("glow.lang.interpolate - glow.dom is needed for escapeHtml");}x=n.dom.create("<div></div>");}if(u.delimiter==undefined){d=/\{[^{}]+\}/g;}else{v=u.delimiter.substr(0,1).replace(b,"\\$1");e=u.delimiter.substr(1,1).replace(b,"\\$1")||v;d=new RegExp(v+"[^"+v+e+"]+"+e,"g");}return t.replace(d,function(D){var A=D.slice(1,-1),C=A.split("."),B,z=0,y=C.length;if(A in w){B=w[A];}else{B=w;for(;z<y;z++){if(C[z] in B){B=B[C[z]];}else{return D;}}}if(u.escapeHtml){B=x.text(B).html();}return B;});},hasOwnProperty:{}.hasOwnProperty?function(d,e){return d.hasOwnProperty(e);}:function(x,y){var u=x[y],w=x.__proto__,t=w?w[y]:{};if(u!==t){return true;}var e=n.lang.hasOwnProperty(w,y),d=w[y]={},v=(x[y]!==d);delete w[y];if(e){w[name]=d;}return v;},extend:function(e,u,d){var t=function(){},v;t.prototype=u.prototype;v=new t();e.prototype=v;v.constructor=e;e.base=u;if(d){n.lang.apply(e.prototype,d);}},clone:function(t){var d,u,e;t=t.valueOf();if(typeof t!=="object"){return t;}else{if(t[0]||t.concat){e=[];d=t.length;while(d--){e[d]=arguments.callee(t[d]);}}else{e={};for(d in t){e[d]=arguments.callee(t[d]);}}return e;}}}},h=n.env,l=document;function c(){n.isDomReady=true;for(var d=0;d<m;d++){g[d]();}}function p(){if(s){return;}s=true;for(var d=0;d<o;){q[d]();d++;if®{break;}}q=q.slice(d);o=o-d;s=false;}(function(){if(n.isDomReady){return;}n._addReadyBlock("glow_domReady");if(h.ie){if(typeof window.frameElement!="undefined"){l.attachEvent("onreadystatechange",function(){if(l.readyState=="complete"){l.detachEvent("onreadystatechange",arguments.callee);c();n._removeReadyBlock("glow_domReady");}});}else{(function(){try{l.documentElement.doScroll("left");}catch(u){setTimeout(arguments.callee,0);return;}c();n._removeReadyBlock("glow_domReady");})();}}else{if(n.env.webkit<525.13&&typeof l.readyState!="undefined"){var e=function(){if(/loaded|complete/.test(l.readyState)){c();n._removeReadyBlock("glow_domReady");}else{setTimeout(e,0);}};e();}else{var t=function(){if(t.fired){return;}t.fired=true;c();n._removeReadyBlock("glow_domReady");};if(l.addEventListener){l.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",t,false);}var d=window.onload;window.onload=function(){if(d){d();}t();};}}})();n.isSupported=!(h.ie<6||(h.gecko<1.9&&!/^1\.8\.1/.test(h.version))||h.opera<9||h.webkit<412);if(!n.isSupported){n._addReadyBlock("glow_browserSupport");}if(window.gloader){gloader.library({name:"glow",version:"1.7.7",builder:function(){return n;}});}else{if(window.glow){throw new Error("Glow global object already exists");}else{window.glow=n;}}if(n.ie){try{document.execCommand("BackgroundImageCache",false,true);}catch(j){}}})();/*@cc_on @*//*@if (@_jscript_version > 5.5)@*/(window.gloader||glow).module({name:"glow.i18n",library:["glow","1.7.7"],depends:[["glow","1.7.7"]],builder:function®{var A;var t={l:/^[a-z]$/,lv:/^[a-z]{2,3}$/,s:/^[A-Z][a-z]{3}$/,r:/^[A-Z]{2}|[0-9]{3}$/,v:/^[a-z0-9]{4,}$/};var s=1,k=2,l=4,j=8,p=s+k+l+j,f=s+l+j,x=s+k+j,c=s+j,y=s+k+l,e=s+l,d=s+k;var m={l:s,s:k,r:l,v:j},I=["l","s","r","v"],F={l:0,s:1,r:2,v:3};var C={};var b={};var o=w(document.documentElement.lang||"en")||w("en");function D(K){for(var J in t){if(t[J].test(K)){return J;}}return"";}function w(V){if(!V.split){V="";}var N=V.split("-"),Q=N.length,R=[],K={l:"",s:"",r:"",v:""},J=0,O=J,U=0,P,S;for(var M=0,T=I.length;M<T;M++){O=J;P=I[M];S=F[P];while((D(N[O]).indexOf(P)==-1)&&(O<Q)){O++;}if(O<Q){R[s]=N[O];U+=m[P];K[P]=N[O];N[O]="*";J=O;}}var L=R.join("-").replace(/-+/g,"-");if((L=="")||(L.substring(0,1)=="-")){return false;}else{return{canonical:L,mask:U,subtags:K};}}function g(K,M,J){var L;if((J&~K.mask)==0){L=K.subtags.l;if(k&J){L=L+"-"+K.subtags.s;}if(l&J){L=L+"-"+K.subtags.r;}if(j&J){L=L+"-"+K.subtags.v;}if(M(L)){return L;}}return false;}function a(K,N,J,L){var M;switch(K.mask){case f:if((M=g(K,N,f))){break;}case e:if((M=g(K,N,e))){break;}case p:if((M=g(K,N,p))){break;}case y:if((M=g(K,N,y))){break;}case x:if((M=g(K,N,x))){break;}case d:if((M=g(K,N,d))){break;}case c:if((M=g(K,N,c))){break;}case s:if((M=g(K,N,s))){break;}default:if(N("en")){M="en";}else{M=null;}}if(M==null){L();}else{J(M);}}function v(L){var J=o,K=w(L);if(K){o=K;o.next=J;}return A;}function H(){o=o.next||o;return A;}function B(){return o.canonical;}function h(M,L,Q){var J=w(L),P,O,K;if(J){P=C[J.canonical]=C[J.canonical]||{};O=P[M]=P[M]||{};K=b[M]=b[M]||{};for(var N in Q){O[N]=Q[N];K[N]=1;}}return A;}function E(K,J){var L={},S=J||{},N=b[K]||{},O=o,T,Q;function P(U){if(C[u]&&C[u][K]&&C[u][K][Q]){return true;}else{return false;}}function R(U){L[Q]=C[u][K][Q];}function M(){L[Q]="[Error! No "+K+"."+Q+" on "+O.canonical+"]";}if(S.locale!=undefined){T=w(S.locale);if(T){O=T;}}for(Q in N){a(O,P,R,M);}return L;}function G(K,L){for(var J in L){h(J,K,L[J]);}return A;}function u(L,M){var K=M||{},J=w(L);if(K.module){if(K.label){return q(J,K.module,K.label);}else{return n(J,K.module);}}else{return z(J);}return null;}function q(L,N,M){var J;function P(Q){if(C[Q]&&C[Q][N]&&C[Q][N][M]){return true;}else{return false;}}function O(Q){J=Q;}function K(){J="**error** - no negotiated value exists";}a(L,P,O,K);return J;}function n(L,O){var K=b[O]||{},N={},M;function Q®{if(C[R]&&C[R][O]&&C[R][O][M]){return true;}else{return false;}}function P®{N[M]=R;}function J(){N[M]="**error** - no negotiated value exists";}for(M in K){a(L,Q,P,J);}return N;}function z(K){var N={},M,L;function P(Q){if(C[Q]&&C[Q][M]&&C[Q][M][L]){return true;}else{return false;}}function O(Q){N[M][L]=Q;}function J(){N[M][L]="**error** - no negotiated value exists";}for(M in B){N[M]={};for(L in b[M]){a(K,P,O,J);}}return N;}r.i18n=A={setLocale:v,revertLocale:H,getLocale:B,addLocaleModule:h,getLocaleModule:E,addLocalePack:G,checkLocale:u};G("en",{PROPERTIES:{LANGUAGE:"English",DIR:"ltr"}});}});(window.gloader||glow).module({name:"glow.dom",library:["glow","1.7.7"],depends:[],builder:function(u){var n=u.env,k=u.lang,s={tagName:/^(\w+|\*)/,combinator:/^\s*([>]?)\s*/,classNameOrId:(n.webkit<417)?new RegExp("^([\\.#])((?:(?![\\.#\\[:\\s\\\\]).|\\\\.)+)"):/^([\.#])((?:[^\.#\[:\\\s]+|\\.)+)/},X=/([$^\\\/()|?+*\[\]{}.-])/g,B={},R={checked:"checked","class":"className",disabled:"disabled","for":"htmlFor",maxlength:"maxLength"},c={checked:true,disabled:true},ah={maxlength:function®{return r.toString()=="2147483647"?undefined:r;}},ad=1,x="_unique"+u.UID,ai="_uniqueData"+u.UID,ag=1,L=[],I={black:0,silver:12632256,gray:8421504,white:16777215,maroon:8388608,red:16711680,purple:8388736,fuchsia:16711935,green:32768,lime:65280,olive:8421376,yellow:16776960,navy:128,blue:255,teal:32896,aqua:65535,orange:16753920},D=/height|top/,t=/^rgb\(([\d\.]+)(%?),\s*([\d\.]+)(%?),\s*([\d\.]+)(%?)/i,A=/^(?:(width|height)|(border-(top|bottom|left|right)-width))$/,C=/width|height|top$|bottom$|left$|right$|spacing$|indent$|font-size/,T,d,K,H,aa=window,l=document,V,G,w,P=l.createElement("div"),y=[1,"<table>","</table>"],ab=[0,"",""],O=n.webkit<526?[0,"","</div>",true]:[1,"b<div>","</div>"],a=[3,"<table><tbody><tr>","</tr></tbody></table>"],E={caption:y,thead:y,th:a,colgroup:y,tbody:y,tr:[2,"<table><tbody>","</tbody></table>"],td:a,tfoot:y,option:[1,"<select>","</select>"],legend:[1,"<fieldset>","</fieldset>"],link:O,script:O,style:O};if(n.ie){window.attachEvent("onunload",function(){P=null;});}u.ready(function(){V=l.body;G=l.documentElement;}); [...etc...]

So after looking around a bit I think it may be the JQuery function "slidedown"

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head>  <style>div { background:#de9a44; margin:3px; width:80px;height:40px; display:none; float:left; }</style>  <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js"></script></head><body>  Click me!<div>aaa</div><div>bbb</div><div>ccc</div><script>$(document.body).click(function () {if ($("div:first").is(":hidden")) {$("div").slideDown("slow");} else {$("div").hide();}});</script></body></html>

Can I go somewhere to look at the underlying Javascript inside JQuery? Thanks