About ISP

gongpex

Hello Everyone, How much you all maximum limit speed of your internet connection in your country? ISP on my country don't have good quality connection, I often disconnected from connection. (if you all not objection, how much you pay your ISP every month? (please convert it to USD) Thanks

At home, I pay 30лв. (~$18.75) per month for a TV/Phone/Internet pack, with the internet being advertised as 100Mbit/s download and 50Mbit/s upload. I typically only reach that speed from torrent downloads, and very few ones at that. But that's to be expected, since this speeds are not explicitly labelled as "guaranteed", i.e. they're only a theoretical maximum that would only be reached if the ISP's network is under utilized.My average speed is more like 8-16 Mbit/s (1-2 MiB/s), but that's more than enough for everything I do (including watching HD videos online), it's the cheapest offer at my ISP (there are cheaper on other ISPs, but they don't have maximum speeds that high, and/or they don't include TV and phone in the pack), and it's without outages (in fairness, my previous ISP had only 1 outage per year, and I'm on this one for only a few months now), so I'm happy with it.This 100Mbit/s is pretty much the maximum in Bulgaria (at least the maximum I've seen), except that there are more expensive offers where- The speed is guaranteed, rather than maximum- The speed is symmetrical, i.e. the upload is also 100Mbit/s (guaranteed in the most expensive offers)- You get a static IP address- You get additional (static or perhaps dynamically assigned) IP addresses.Of course, those are directed at ISPs rather than home users, since we're talking about prices that are only just starting at 60лв. (~$37.50), which is relatively cheap if you take other countries with similar economies, except that electricity costs here are more expensive, so the net result is that offers like mine and lower are the ones the vast majority of home users use.

At home, I pay 30лв. (~$18.75) per month for a TV/Phone/Internet pack, with the internet being advertised as 100Mbit/s download and 50Mbit/s upload. I typically only reach that speed from torrent downloads, and very few ones at that. But that's to be expected, since this speeds are not explicitly labelled as "guaranteed", i.e. they're only a theoretical maximum that would only be reached if the ISP's network is under utilized. My average speed is more like 8-16 Mbit/s (1-2 MiB/s), but that's more than enough for everything I do (including watching HD videos online), it's the cheapest offer at my ISP (there are cheaper on other ISPs, but they don't have maximum speeds that high, and/or they don't include TV and phone in the pack), and it's without outages (in fairness, my previous ISP had only 1 outage per year, and I'm on this one for only a few months now), so I'm happy with it. This 100Mbit/s is pretty much the maximum in Bulgaria (at least the maximum I've seen), except that there are more expensive offers where- The speed is guaranteed, rather than maximum- The speed is symmetrical, i.e. the upload is also 100Mbit/s (guaranteed in the most expensive offers)- You get a static IP address- You get additional (static or perhaps dynamically assigned) IP addresses. Of course, those are directed at ISPs rather than home users, since we're talking about prices that are only just starting at 60лв. (~$37.50), which is relatively cheap if you take other countries with similar economies, except that electricity costs here are more expensive, so the net result is that offers like mine and lower are the ones the vast majority of home users use.
I dunno how much my family pays but my average is 6mbs download .7mbs upload... European countries usually have MUCH better connection than USA.

I dunno how much my family pays but my average is 6mbs download .7mbs upload... European countries usually have MUCH better connection than USA.
You have better upload than download :blink: ?!? Are you having a server at home or something?And is that the offered speed or the actual speed? I mean, if it's the actual, well... some cheaper offers at other Bulgarian ISPs have exactly that. If it's the offered... yeah, that's significantly worse indeed.

Wow, that very fast, my average speed is 53 Kb/s, and maximum is only 100 Kb/s (this is seldom) and sometime if there is trouble it's down till 16 Kb/s or disconnected from connection And I pay every month only USD 5.5 (converted based on my country currency) Thanks for answer, maybe if I have a lot of money I will move to other country that have better ISP. ____________________________________________________________________________________ What's your occupation?

I work at a computer shop, repairing computers, and selling new ones.We're also a mini ISP, and by that I mean that we offer internet connection to the neighbourhood, but we lack the resources to go further than that, even though we have people outside who want to join our network.The offers that we give are about double your speed for almost the same price, but obviously, that's a "very low speed" compared to what people can otherwise get here, which is just another reason I say "mini".I think you can clearly see why I'm on the "high" end of the "home user" spectrum :P .

$35US/month gets you 12mb down/1mb up but this may test as high as 20mb down/3mb up depending on time of day. What disappoints me is that browsing from page to page is still just as slow as my old 700kb DSL connection. The speed only helps when you are downloading large files.

What disappoints me is that browsing from page to page is still just as slow as my old 700kb DSL connection. The speed only helps when you are downloading large files.
I think that's due to most sites putting their JavaScript in the head without any async/defer stuff, making the execution of the page slow, even when the download is instant.

my average speed is 53 Kb/s, and maximum is only 100 Kb/s (this is seldom) [...]And I pay every month only USD 5.5 (converted based on my country currency)
Seems close to dialup at a price close to dialup.

home internet is likedownload3-6 mbs/s (internet sites like ubuntu, yandex mirrors & freebsd) and up to 8-14mbs/s local networkupload400kbs up to 3mbs/s450p. (15$) per month if a pay for a year at once my record is a 45mbs/s on scp between 2 PCs with fresh installed freeBSD (0.5 meter ethernet cable between PCs only - no routers or hubs)700mb film for like a 14-16 secs (both pentium dual core, 1GB ddr2 memory, sata2 hdd).