divinedesigns1

im having problem sending messages from the contact form to my email, so i want to know if i made a error or not, i dont see anything wrong with the contact script at allthis is the code below

if(isset($_POST['submit_contact'])){// define the variables$fullname = $_POST['fn'];$company = $_POST['cn'];$email = $_POST['email'];$sub = $_POST['sub'];$opinion = $_POST['coc'];// filter the variable$fullname = strip_tags($fullname);$fullname = stripslashes($fullname);$company = strip_tags($company);$company = stripslashes($company);$email = strip_tags($email);$email = stripslashes($email);$opinion = strip_tags($opinion);$opinion = stripslashes($opinion);// check if the variables are emptyif(empty($fullname) && empty($company) && empty($email) && empty($opinion) && empty($sub)){echo '<div id="errors">all fields are requested</div>';}elseif(empty($fullname)){echo '<div id="errors">Please Enter Your Name' . '<br/>';}elseif(empty($company)){echo '<div id="errors">Please Enter Your Company Name, If You Do Not Have A Company Please Enter' . ' <span>None</span> ' . '</div><br/>';}elseif(empty($email)){echo '<div id="errors">Please Enter A Valid Email' . '</div><br/>';}elseif(empty($opinion)){echo '<div id="errors">Text Is Required' . '</div><br/>';}elseif(empty($sub)){echo '<div id="errors">Subject Is Requested' . '</div><br/>';}elseif(!empty($fullname) && !empty($company) && !empty($email) && !empty($opinion) && !empty($sub)){// define the receiver$to = "dwayne@divinedesigns1.net";$subject = $sub;$from = $fullname;$message = $opinion;$headers = 'From: $from';mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);echo '<div id="errors">We will response to you as soon as possible</div>';$fullname = "";$company = "";$email = "";$opinion = "";$sub = "";}

Not sure what the problem may be but this: $headers = 'From: $from'; should probably be: $headers = "From: $from"; with double quotes instead of single quotes.
ok ill try that
If Don E's post didn't answer you're OP, what error's are you getting?
php doesnt always give an error when something doesnt work, could just be a type or something missed scripted

That's why I said that your script is simply doing what you told it to do. That equals no error (in this case). So, check the values in your logic. You're expecting one of your ifs to trip, but it's not. Hence, no error. Check your condition values by echoing each one. Without actually being able to run your script, that's where I think you'll find the problem.

Edited by niche

That's why I said that your script is simply doing what you told it to do. That equals no error (in this case). So, check the values in your logic. You're expecting one of your ifs to trip, but it's not. Hence, no error. Check your condition values by echoing each one. Without actually being able to run your script, that's where I think you'll find the problem.
my localhost doesnt have a mta hehe but it works on my host tho

ok it doesnt have a email handler, so sending a email through my localhost wouldnt work

Get a wampserver so you can send emails from your localhost.. It's free. http://www.wampserver.com/en/
you would still need to configure an SMTP server. It won't be done automatically.
  • Like 1

yeah im using a wamp server and im not sure how to config it but then again i have a host so ill just pop it in there when needed :)

per thescientist's #10, you need a SMTP email account so check with your provider.
nope i dont believe thats what he meant, to my knowledge he meant you would need to config the smtp within the wamp server to be able to pass emails using the wamp server, but since i have a host i dont need to config it on my wamp server ill just use my host to test the forms