what happened on this site?

gongpex

Hello everyone, Yesterday when I'am online at about 11.45 pm (this forum time). I can't access this forum suddenly, why?Till I can't post my thread I had try to check my connection and reopen this site but it can't connect. please tell me thanks

Could've been anything. For about the last year, this forum goes off-line around the end of a calendar quarter sometimes. For example it was off line the last ten days. or so, of 2011. You might've been experiencing another bout of that. The good news is, it has always come back.

Edited by niche

The forum is typically down when the owners forget to pay their fee to invisionzone OR (more often) when they exceed the bandwidth. W3Schools is, after all, popular, and besides - we all use the forum regularly, so we waste even more of that bandwidth.Add spammers on top of that, and it's almost a wonder why the forum goes down as rarely as it does.

Servers go down. That is why they like to claim 99.x% uptime. That still leaves some downtime. 99.9% implies downtime of as much as 525 minutes per year.99.99% implies downtime of as much as 52 minutes per year.99.999% implies downtime of as much as 5 minutes per year.

Even with its very occasional hick-ups, the w3shools forum is unquestionably one of the best values on the internet.

• Like 1