Newb and wanting to learn web design

Jmannx

I am new to web design and i have been wanting to create a website but i wanna do it by hand not use some lame website to help me create it-- I wanna write my own code. Should i draw out the website first then go through and learn what i need to or do the opposite.Basically I am just asking for advice from people who have experience. Which would be the better route to go, and help me learn html 5 or xhtml, css, and so on?

it would be better to draw thw site and its layouts somewhere. people use papers or digital garphic software like photoshop or both for doing this. once you finalize the layout start coding it html and css. learning from HTML>CSS>PHP>MYSQL>JAVASCRIPT would be nice

because it is possible to make fully functional website or application witihout JS but not without PHP... JS mainly used for user experiance (for commonly used website). so JS could be letssprioritize while learning things. though it could be interchangable with PHP depending upon the purpose of site or individuals goal though (like if you are making js game ). that is the order i learned those languages. personally, I prefer to learn in need to know basis.

• Like 1

birbal is right about the language order. IMO I suggest you emphasize function over form in the beginning. Otherwise, you'll burn-up a lot of time learning how to render some gee-whiz effect that you may never use or use in a tortured way just because you've plowed so much time into it. Do the tutorials and get something up that works and isn't sloppy. Aesthetics will come from doing.

Edited by niche

php is a little easier to learn than js, well my order would be html, css, php, mysqli, js, jquery then my other would be c+ and c++

If there is C++ (even C) in list i would make it top of priority. if you know C++ well it will be far more easier to pick up php even java (other class based languages) and in general programing foundation. it was C++ which was my first programing language i learnt and it was also in my foundation semester and i loved it alot. C++ itself helped me alot for learning other languages in later.

Edited by birbal

If there is C++ (even C) in list i would make it top of priority. if you know C++ well it will be far more easier to pick up php even java (other class based languages) and in general programing foundation. it was C++ which was my first programing language i learnt and it was also in my foundation semester and i loved it alot. C++ itself helped me alot for learning other languages in later.
thats sup, i would have to go to class for C and C++ even tho i self learned php, html, css and now im trying to self learn javascript

thats sup, i would have to go to class for C and C++ even tho i self learned php, html, css and now im trying to self learn javascript
If you can learn PHP and Javascript properly without classes then C and C++ aren't much different. Most likely if you did take some C or C++ classes you would find out a lot of details you overlooked when trying to learn PHP. Programming principles are the same for every language.

If you can learn PHP and Javascript properly without classes then C and C++ aren't much different. Most likely if you did take some C or C++ classes you would find out a lot of details you overlooked when trying to learn PHP. Programming principles are the same for every language.
then i guess imma have to get some classes for C n C++