Can't add to database

unplugged_web

Please help me, I've no idea what's going wrong here. I'm trying to add to a database. This works:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO `images` (`id`, `class`, `foreign_id`, `title`, `filename`, `created`, `modified`, `order`, `category`) VALUES (NULL,'Bio','99','test','image.jpg',CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,'0','0')"); 

But this doesn't:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO `images` (`id`, `class`, `foreign_id`, `title`, `filename`, `created`, `modified`, `order`, `category`) VALUES (NULL, '$_POST[class]'', '$_POST[foreign_id]', '$_POST[name]', '$_POST[pic]', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, '$_POST[order]', '$_POST[category]')"); 

All of the fields have the correct values, but for some reason it just won't let me do it. I've sent three days trying to get it sorted, but I think I'm just going round in circles now.

Did you add code to check for errors from MySQL over those three days? I see one syntax error, but there might also be unescaped quotes in the data. Use mysql_error to check for errors, and print out the query to verify what it says. There's no reason to spend 3 days debugging a syntax error when you can have MySQL tell you exactly what the problem is.

it will not report errors in mysql implictly unless you tell it to do so. what php myadmin do is display errors when there is error in mysql. mysql_error() is the function which tells about the errors.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned escaping data. You are using the POST variables directly in the query, which is a very bad idea. Google "SQL injection" if you want to see why it's a bad idea. You should be using mysql_real_escape_string to escape those values before using them in your query.