img repeat-y to bottom of screen

mmett22

I'm trying to get the left stripes on my site to extend to the bottom of the screen, no matter what the browser size is. Right now it's set so the stripes only extend to the bottom of the page content. I can figure out how to do this if I put the stripes into the body div, but I want the stripes to lock up with my name/logo and be centered with the page div (margin: 0 auto). When I add it to the body div, I stays fixed in its position on the left. Any thoughts for fixes or better ways to structure this would be appreciated!

Edited by mmett22

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><title>Untitled Document</title><script type="text/javascript">/*<![CDATA[*//*---->*//*--*//*]]>*/</script><style type="text/css">body, html {margin:0; padding:0; height:100%;}#bg_wrapper { min-height:100%; background:url(../images/bgimage.jpg) repeat-y 0 0; width: 960px; margin:0 auto;}#wrapper { }#logo{height:120px; background-color:#9966FF;}#left{width:220px; float:left;}#content {margin-left:230px; overflow:hidden;}</style></head><body><div id="bg_wrapper"><div id="wrapper"><div id="logo"></div><div id="left"></div><div id="content">  <p>In order to build a shared view of what can be improved, the new golden    rule gives enormous power to those individuals and units, whenever single-loop    learning strategies go wrong. Taking full cognizance of organizational learning    parameters and principles, as knowledge is fragmented into specialities the    balanced scorecard, like the executive dashboard, is an essential tool. Exploiting    the productive lifecycle presentation of the process flow should culminate    in idea generation, defensive reasoning, the doom loop and doom zoom. Maximization    of shareholder wealth through separation of ownership from management the    three cs - customers, competition and change - have created a new world for    business building a dynamic relationship between the main players. Building    flexibility through spreading knowledge and self-organization, exploiting    the productive lifecycle empowerment of all personnel, not just key operatives.</p>  <p>Whenever single-loop learning strategies go wrong, organizations capable    of double-loop learning, benchmarking against industry leaders, an essential    process, should be a top priority at all times. Building a dynamic relationship    between the main players. Highly motivated participants contributing to a    valued-added outcome. The vitality of conceptual synergies is of supreme    importance building flexibility through spreading knowledge and self-organization,    empowerment of all personnel, not just key operatives. While those at the    coal face don't have sufficient view of the overall goals.</p>  <p>Big is no longer impregnable as knowledge is fragmented into specialities    by adopting project appraisal through incremental cash flow analysis. An    important ingredient of business process reengineering defensive reasoning,    the doom loop and doom zoom measure the process, not the people. In order    to build a shared view of what can be improved, taking full cognizance of    organizational learning parameters and principles, the new golden rule gives    enormous power to those individuals and units.</p>  <p>To experience a profound paradigm shift, exploiting the productive lifecycle    whenever single-loop learning strategies go wrong. Working through a top-down,    bottom-up approach, presentation of the process flow should culminate in    idea generation, to ensure that non-operating cash outflows are assessed.    The three cs - customers, competition and change - have created a new world    for business.</p>  <p>Highly motivated participants contributing to a valued-added outcome. Taking    full cognizance of organizational learning parameters and principles, by    moving executive focus from lag financial indicators to more actionable lead    indicators, through the adoption of a proactive stance, the astute manager    can adopt a position at the vanguard. In a collaborative, forward-thinking    venture brought together through the merging of like minds. Benchmarking    against industry leaders, an essential process, should be a top priority    at all times defensive reasoning, the doom loop and doom zoom from binary    cause and effect to complex patterns.</p></div></div>