Video player for videos

rahultailwal

Hi, I am working on videos on a site. Now as we know we have different browsers available and we need to choose a player which can support all the browsers. Our html 5 video tag supports different video formats and works well with different videos.But for internet explorer less than 9 it makes a flash fallback. Now we can have lots of requirements with our video player. For example i have one requirement to hide controls from video player. Well there is an option to do it in html 5 to remove controls from tag. But we can see the controls again just putting controls by just editing the html by development tool like firebug for Mozilla. In internet explorer less than 9 if we see flash fallback then we also required to hide controls then it will be a double headache. Some times we need to use video events but again double headache as we have to think for all the browsers at the same time. So is there any good solution for this problem Thanks

If the Flash player exposes the same API that you're using with the video element then all of your code can be the same, the only difference is the element that you target. For browsers that use the Flash player, your code targets it. For browsers that use the video element, the same code targets that element. The point is to have a Flash player that exposes the same API (method names, property names, events) as the video element.

I understand that. So you have code to check for which item they support, and either give them the Flash player or the video element. If you give both of those the same ID and they expose the same API then the rest of your code can work with either of them, you don't need to detect which one they're using after that.