FBLA Competition Website

Krewe

For FBLA in my school there is a web design competition event, so I decided to give it my shot Senior year... The prompt was to create a Community Calendar for your FBLA chapter and your local community. They encouraged you to incorporate social media and a map system. So naturally I did all three... cause I could. Here is my website: Http://www.codekrewe.com/fblaFor social media I just did a twitter feed in the footer and a facebook like box, where the facebook account is connected to the twitter.So when you add a facebook post it adds a twitter post. Makes both look more full :P. For the map system I used Google Map's API and created a custom dynamic map for each event page. (Event pages are dynamically loaded from a database) So the address is loaded into the API. Then there is also a feature on the event page where a user can get directions to an event, right in the event page itself. No redirecting to google maps. Let me know what y'all think. Krewe

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like the website. If I was to offer any critique it would be to incorporate color. Sure, black, gray, and white is a cool monochromatic scheme, but why not highlight focus with some red or another color. What I mean is that there is nothing that particular draws my attention to where I should begin. Colors are perfect for that. Best of luck to you!