single page app framework

jimfog

I am interested in making a single page app.I see that are numerous frameworks out there(ember, can, meteor,etc) that can help me in building an SPA. The question is how these are going to help me?Are they necessary when it comes to developing single page apps? Why not just use jquery? I just need some light here. Thanks

I've never heard of any of those frameworks before. They aren't required to develop applications. Judging by the languages you're mentioning, I guess you're intending to make a client-side application.

because jQuery is a javascript library, not a framework. A framework is developed with the intent of trying to provide some sort of end to end service for application development. libraries are just groups of convenience methods to help assist in development so one doesn't have to reinvent the wheel each time. One could use a library in conjunction to supplement what the framework may not provide. For isntance, jQuery excels in cross-browser functionality related to DOM, CSS, and AJAX interaction.

fwiw, I just started a very complex webapp project at work and we are going to make extensive use of the AngularJS framework, which I think is pretty impressive.http://angularjs.org/

Edited by thescientist

What do you want your app to do?
It is a scheduling app plus with some agenda like features.
because jQuery is a javascript library, not a framework. A framework is developed with the intent of trying to provide some sort of end to end service for application development. libraries are just groups of convenience methods to help assist in development so one doesn't have to reinvent the wheel each time. One could use a library in conjunction to supplement what the framework may not provide. For isntance, jQuery excels in cross-browser functionality related to DOM, CSS, and AJAX interaction.
What do you mean by saying end to end service.Overall...why all these are important when it comes to develop single page apps.
I've never heard of any of those frameworks before. They aren't required to develop applications. Judging by the languages you're mentioning, I guess you're intending to make a client-side application.
What do you mean "client-side application". I know of course what client side means.A web app is characterized mainly bu the usage of relational databases(CRUD operations).

What do you mean "client-side application". I know of course what client side means.A web app is characterized mainly bu the usage of relational databases(CRUD operations).
You didn't mention any server-side languages so I figured it was purely a Javascript application. Seeing that you're using databases there are also server-side languages involved.