How do I wrap text in a textbox

confused and dazed

Hello internet. I am having an issue figuring out how to get text to type only in the visible text box on the screen and not scroll through on one line when typing. I have tried using textarea and placing callouts for wrap,rows,cols but that does not seem to work. How do I get the text to wrap? Here is my textbox code I have in the <head> tag BUT when text is being typed in the box it only shows on the first line. I want it to wrap in the text box on the screen. Please help. <style type="text/css">.commentbox {width:200px; height:72px}</style>

I think you misunderstand. What you HAVE is not the default. Something is wrong. Something in your code is overriding the default behavior somehow. You shouldn't have to ADD anything at all. That's why someone has to look at your code, to find out what's wrong. (It can't possibly be only the little bit of CSS you posted above.) A link to a live site would be best.

Are you saying that I cannot style an input to wrap text?Yes my original note said textarea (sorry for not pasting the right code) and I tried using text area instead of textbox but it still did not work. I used this code: THIS CODE IS IN THE <HEAD><style type="text/css">.commentbox {width:200px; height:72px}</style>THIS CODE IS IN A <FORM> WITHIN A <TABLE><tr><td align=center>Insert your Comments here:</td><td align=center><input type=textarea class="commentbox" maxlength="240" name="mbC" value=""></td></tr>