Questions regarding software engineering college courses

bherzberg96

I'm a junior in high school, actively pursuing colleges to apply to next year. I'm decided on that I would like to code/program software, operating systems, apps, things like that. My plan is to also stay in Virginia, but according to my search, only a small handful (2-4) colleges in Virginia offer Software Engineering/Computer Software. However, I've heard Computer Science is similar and that returned with a lot more results. What's the difference between the two? And in the software engineering/programming/whatever you want to call it field, what's the difference in job acceptance/salary for a bachelor's degree versus a master's? Thanks for any help!!P.S. Is there really any difference between Software Engineering, Computer Software, and Programming? Or just different names for pretty much the same content?

Software Engineering is similar to computer science except with SE you have additional classes that have to do with things like project management, software design, testing, etc. Computer science is about programming in general usually, software engineering covers the entire lifecycle of building an application.