Can't connect my style to my paragraph

thesoundsmith

I have a subheading on all of my pages that uses a multiplier in each page's style section to indicate how large to make the subhead - if it's long, it needs to be smaller...For some reason I cannot get the page to recognise the style - other pages with identical settings do (and there are still others that do not, but this is the most recent example.) I have cut and pasted from 'working' pages in case there was a typeo, but the inline element is not found. What am I doing wrong? The page I'm looking at is here: http://www.thesoundsmith.com/mr.htm The style info is:

#header p#intro {  font-size:200%; font-weight:bold;}

and the body /header is:

<div id="header">  <h1 id="logo-text"><a href="#" title="">Piano Power!</a></h1>  <p id="intro">  Live at the Mission Ranch  </p><?php require("menu.php"); ?><!--header ends--></div>

On many pages this is fine, why not here? Inspector shows the #header #intro is not seen. Thanks for any ideas.

A syntax error in a previous line has caused the parser to ignore the code that follows it. This line, in particular:#btmpics (position:relative; margin-left:10px;)

Thanks. You are obviously correct, I removed the line to below the #header and it works. But W3C parser doesn't see it as an error, aI guess it's time to hit the books, because I don't understand why it is a syntax error. (Been awhile since I did any significant coding.), Thanks.

Edited by The Soundsmith

It's a syntax error because CSS uses curly brackets { } to contain sets of rules. The HTML validator validates HTML, you need a CSS validator to validate CSS.