CSS text color autochange rule

snoboardman96

Hi all, I am a fledgling web developer still looking to jump the nest yet. However I have lately been having to dig deep into the writing end of web development for the company I work for. My problem is I have 140,000+ products all of varying colors and I would like to be able to set an autorule in this specific field that grabs a certain word (blue for example) and change the font color.

• Has anyone run into this?
  • is it possible even to do?
  • suggestions wouldn't go amiss.
  • let me know if more information is needed.

}table, td, .bgcolor1, .bgcolor2, .bgcolor3, .pricecolor, a.regularlink, .nav1, a.nav1, .nav1_selected, a.nav1_selected, .nav2, a.nav2, .nav2_selected, a.nav2_selected, .nav3, a.nav3, .nav3_selected, a.nav3_selected, .navbottom, a.navbottom, .navspecials, a.navspecials {font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold;} Thank you all in advance for any help provided.

CSS is not capable of doing that. It would be complicated but Javascript can find some text and wrap it in an element with CSS style attached.

• Like 1

you can target an attribute, if the colour is pick up from database, you could add it to specific attribute, and use css to apply styling to it HTML5 data storage attribute validates and works, X/HTML works but validates? maybe not. <div data-color="blue">Blue product</div> css [data-color=blue]{color:blue;} <td bgcolor="blue">blue</td> td {background-color:transparent;}[bgcolor=blue]{color:blue;}

• Like 1