I dont know how

Akasha

HelloI want to make an asp script which will check in a database if there are upcoming meeting. if so an email is sent to all of the employees.But this email needs to be sent every workday 7 o'clock.The garanty that the employees activate this asp script is very smal.Therefore i wanted to make a cronjob or something that will envoke my script every morning, but i don't know how.Can you help me or do you know a better solution please tell me

I assume this is on a Windows machine, so there's no cron. But you can use the Windows Task Scheduler, and it can be on any machine that will stay online and running. Set up the task with the task scheduler, and have the task execute iexplore.exe or something, or firefox.exe. The argument would be the script you want to execute that sends the mails out. I do something exactly like this, and that's how I do it. So in my task, I have the scheduler execute this:iexplore.exe "http://localhost/admin/sched_process.asp"You can set when you want it to execute, and you can have the scheduler close the browser after 5 mins or so, just so you don't walk up and see a bunch of browser windows open.If it were a Linux server running PHP, you would also be able to set up a cron job to execute the PHP script using the PHP CLI, and it wouldn't require a browser at all. But this works too.