Different appearence offline and online while html and css are the same

Johann

Dear W3School friends and supporter,

since a short time I have a strange appearance. When I open pages offline and online, a certain area (<div>) looks different even trough the html and css of the offline version is the same like the online version.

For this section, also the zoom of the font by using "strg +/-" does not work at the online version. That means the font of this particular division stays always in the same size, while the rest of the page works well.

Do you have any idea? It appears on all pages. Attached I put a screen shot with the marked blue area of problems.

Thanks a lot!

post-156374-0-36176500-1379184485_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot for your care.

Mysteriously today after a sleep and nothing else, everything works fine again... I also wonder about your prove (Thanks a lot for the generousness btw.!!) Having looked about it, it does not really look as if it has a big problem:

div.play{ }div.play p {	margin-left:8%;	margin-right:8%;} div.play p.stagedir {	margin-left:0%;	margin-right:0%;	font-style:italic;}/***********************************/div.rawfilelist {	 font-family:monospace;	 white-space:pre;}div.clear {	height:0px;	width:0px;	clear:both;}.transcode {	color: green;	white-space:pre; /*preformatted text*/	font-family:monospace;}

Could it be - just an idea - that there is a loading problem? (this codes at the end are also not used in this section and only on less pages.

Edited by Johann

It shouldn't be a loading problem, as it is basically a text file that holds css coding, but you are using id referencing that uses the same css for instance

#H_docBy,	#H_docBy2,	#H_docAltTrans,	#H_sutta-note{		margin-top:2px;		font-size:9.5pt;		line-height:12pt;	}

code be easily changed to class ref to use on all three, sorry four

.H_style01{		margin-top:2px;		font-size:9.5pt;		line-height:12pt;	}

See how the css has reduced now, the id ref is usually applied to container elements used for header, left, right, main body, footer, and those elements that need to be referenced specifically by JavaScript,