select control to let user edit

inungh

I have a select control on the form and woudl like to let user add new record if the value does not exist in the list. I do not find any property for this, users must select from the list.Can you please advise if there is any way to do so?Your information and help is great appreciated,Regards,Iccsi,

<select>
<option value="volvo">Volvo</option>
<option value="saab">Saab</option>
<option value="mercedes">Mercedes</option>
<option value="audi">Audi</option>
</select>
Thanks for the information and help,
I have above code and have this select control on the form.
It only allows user to enter option value in the list, I would like user to enter a new list like 'BMW', 'Toyota' if it is missing from the list.
Thanks again for helping,
Regards,
Iccsi,

• 2 weeks later...

You won't be able to do this with just HTML. If you want people to add to the list on the fly, you will need Javascript. If you need them to be able to save and persist this data after a user has made one, you will need Javascript, PHP, and some sort of storage method, like a file or database. I would recommend you start reviewing the PHP and PHP forms chapters of the w3schools tutorials.

Maybe you could tolerate something like this...

<select>  <option value="volvo">Volvo</option>  <option value="saab">Saab</option>  <option value="mercedes">Mercedes</option>  <option value="audi">Audi</option>  <option value="other">Other</option></select><br/><label>Other:<input type="text" name="other"/></label>